This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

HTML Features and other features not functioing

I hope someone might be able to give me a clue here!

Installation went fine.
Addition of code to my page went fine
The page comments section displays like I expected it to.

Four Items

(1) In the html editor on the comments section of the page, when trying to use the "link" icon to add a link to text, it does not work.  There is no popup requesting url or text to add.

(2) When entering information in the required fields for comments, there are no states in the drop down menu.  I checked the database and the states are there.  It doesn't matter what country is chosen, no states show up.

(3) Clicking on the "preview" button returns no resulting event.

(4) Clicking on "add comment" button returns no resulting event.

Are these common problems with an easy fix?  I would appreciate any assistance.

Website URL is:  http://www.information-website.com/P-WEB...extest.php if you want to view.
I have tried with Edge browser, IE Browser, and Firefox browser with the same results.

Thanks.

Mark

Hi Mark,

The four issues appear to be related. I think it's just because you're loading jQuery twice. If you view the source code of your page you'll see that you're loading it at the bottom of the page. Commentics is also trying to load it further up. So in the Commentics admin area, try going to 'Extensions -> Themes' and changing the jQuery setting to 'No, I load it myself'. You might need to do the same for the jQuery UI setting. If that doesn't work you may need to remove where you're loading it yourself on the pages where you're integrating Commentics.

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks Steven!

I am definitely making progress.  Your tips were very helpful.

I tried the settings method with one, then both settings changed to "no, I load it myself".  There was no change in functionality.

Next, I reset those to original settings nd removed the jquery from the bottom of my page.  There was an improved comments functionality and I was able to create a link in the html editor.  The preview worked but the link was not formatted correctly.  I was able to save the comment and then went to admin to approve it.  After approval I checked the page and only part of the comment showed and the link did not format correctly.  The url shows but it is not hyperlinked.  (I am trying to hyperlink a keyword to a website.) I then edited the comment in the admin panel but it still did not format correctly and part of the comment was still not showing on the page even though it was showing in the admin panel.

So making progress but still a few issues.  Any thoughts?  url:  http://www.information-website.com/P-WEB...extest.php

Thanks,

Mark
p.s. I haven't completed an interview but will follow the link and do that later today.

**UPDATE**

4 Hours later I went back to the page to look and try to tackle the issue again.  Now the comment is displaying perfectly.  All is well!
I am not sure why or what but I accept it.  Thanks for your assistance.

Mark

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
21-Sep-2015, 05:40 PM
Last Post by 3hoursLater
24-Dec-2012, 02:01 AM