This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Script would not show in Html Page

I have the script install but I can't get it to show in my html pages. I believe I have follow all the steps including different lines of code in the .htaccess file. Below is the page that I have inserted the code into...

http://www.best-barbados-vacation-packag...bados.html

Maybe you can see something that I have overlooked

Sorry, if the suggestions aren't working then you'll need to ask your host what the correct .htaccess code is for your server.

Have you completed the interview?

(15-Aug-2014, 06:03 PM)Steven Wrote:  Sorry, if the suggestions aren't working then you'll need to ask your host what the correct .htaccess code is for your server.

I contacted support and got the answer below

"Unfourtantely we are unable to assist with custom coding. Adding any code to to your .htaccess file would be outside our scope of support. What I would recommend doing is heading on over to your favorite search engine and type in what you are looking to accomplish, for example "integrating the commentics PHP script into my webpages + .htaccess" or something along those lines"

I have search online for a possible solution but the ones I have tried did not work.

Hi,

It's unfortunate that your host won't tell you. It wasn't a "custom coding" question, but rather a server question which only they know the answer to (or don't by the sounds of it!). They pointed you in a good direction though, which is to search for it. I don't think their suggested query will give many good results. I would try something like ".htaccess execute php in html files". If you need to ask any questions then Stack Overflow is a great place. If that fails then you may need to change your file extensions to .php.

Have you completed the interview?

(18-Aug-2014, 06:34 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

It's unfortunate that your host won't tell you. It wasn't a "custom coding" question, but rather a server question which only they know the answer to (or don't by the sounds of it!). They pointed you in a good direction though, which is to search for it. I don't think their suggested query will give many good results. I would try something like ".htaccess execute php in html files". If you need to ask any questions then Stack Overflow is a great place. If that fails then you may need to change your file extensions to .php.

Tried changing the file extension to .php the commentics script show in the page; however the server side includes use to load the nav bars and footer on the page did not work.

None of these elements showed when the page load in the browser.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
04-Jul-2020, 06:46 PM
Last Post by MattyP
13-Apr-2020, 08:33 PM
Last Post by Steven
25-May-2019, 05:50 PM
Last Post by Steven
20-Mar-2017, 09:09 PM