This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Add comment and Preview buttons do not work

Hello. I encountered the problem for the first time that the "Add comment" and "Preview" buttons do not work. I also tried to delete the "JS" code from the page but did not help. What can be the problem?
http://www.laptopservisbgd.com/acer-laptop-servis.php

Thx!

Hi this is a known issue. It's because your page is loading jQuery *after* Commentics. If you view the source code of your page it's the one directly underneath "<!-- External JavaScripts -->". If you remove that and let Commentics load jQuery then it should work (this is what I had to do on this website's demo). Also, in the next version of Commentics you won't need to do this. It waits for jQuery to load.

Have you completed the interview?

(22-Oct-2018, 08:44 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi this is a known issue. It's because your page is loading jQuery *after* Commentics. If you view the source code of your page it's the one directly underneath "<!-- External JavaScripts -->". If you remove that and let Commentics load jQuery then it should work (this is what I had to do on this website's demo). Also, in the next version of Commentics you won't need to do this. It waits for jQuery to load.

Yes, deleting jquery.js allows you to view comments but the real problem of displaying a footer site is not easy to fix Sad.

But the solution is as follows: in the jquery.js itself, insert the following in front of the code: $ (window) .bind ("load", function () {

Then everything works as it should Blush

Hello,
I do have a same problem after upgrading from 4.4 to 4.5 version.
I didn't understand, how to fix it.

Yes, I do have <script src="//code.jquery.com/jquery-3.3.1.min.js"></script> at bottom of my page (after Commentics). I've moved it to top of the page, now jquery is in meta area. But it still do not works. Both buttons are not clickable.

Please help.

Hello,

Commentics v4.5 doesn't use jQuery anymore so this will be a slightly different problem and solution.

If you've disabled some of your BB Code icons, you'll need to apply this fix:
https://commentics.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2350

If that doesn't help, please provide a link to your page so I can see what's happening.

Have you completed the interview?

Yes. It did helped. Solved.
Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
19-Mar-2017, 01:52 PM
Last Post by Steven
07-Oct-2014, 07:53 PM
Last Post by PERSIAN
26-Nov-2012, 10:00 PM
Last Post by Koksi