This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

mysql table

Hi,

I need to create a new table on an already existing Mariadb.
To be absolutly sure that eventual further problems during the installation process are  not caused by a wrong-functioning TABLE  I need to know  how this Table  (user rights, syntax,etc) shall look like.

Ps.-I´m running PHP 7.1

Hi you can install Commentics to your existing database. Just make sure to enter a table prefix during the installer (step 6 of the below guide).

The installation guide also recommends which privileges your database user should have (step 5).

https://www.commentics.org/installation

Have you completed the interview?

Hi ,The issue with the table seems to be solved.
I have  reinstalled the program three or four times already.Firdt time did work for a while.then suudenly the page on wich I had attached the script didn´,t load back when a new comment was swnd.Just returned a black page adter a long time .
Have the same problem after rel-installation  2 -3.I suspect it can be caused either by the renamed folders or/and by a php code conflict.My site is writen in php and so far only reachable  through  log in.Can  <?php session_start(); ?> be causing the conflict?
I have also noticed that the  frontend/index  show just a blank page when I view it directly on the browser.

<?php

$cmtx_identifier = '1';

$cmtx_reference  = 'Page One';

$cmtx_folder     = '/commentics/';

require($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . $cmtx_folder . 'frontend/index.php');

?>

I just wish it would work and intend to get the upgraded version but need to be 100% sure it will be stable ,and remain so.
Going mad with this thing!

It's normal for /frontend/index.php to not show anything when viewing directly in the browser.

If you're seeing a blank page elsewhere, have a look at the 'How do I fix a strange problem?' FAQ in the 'General' section below:
https://www.commentics.org/faq

Let me know any errors you find and I'll be able to help.

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by trev40
17-Dec-2010, 10:26 PM
Last Post by Caps
12-Nov-2010, 08:00 AM
Last Post by Static
01-Sep-2010, 05:44 PM