This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

mysql error

Hi
I tried to install. Created db. Provided name pass word etc. changed permissions to 044. But I get this error message:

Make sure that you entered your correct MySQL user

I double checked all info. Still get the error.

Many thanks

Hi,

That error message means that your MySQL username, password or host is not correct.

I know you've double checked it, but that's the only reason you would get that error.

Maybe try entering everything again from scratch instead of just checking it, or speak to your host.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks. I tried installing on another website, hosted by another company. I changed all info to match the new site, but still cannot go beyond the first click to install. I will try again later. If I am more successful I shall be happy to report the success her. Perhaps if there is an option to the create database tables without the installer, one will not be at the mercy of the installer.
Thanks any way.

Yeah that's a fair suggestion, however if the installer can't connect properly then it's very likely that the rest of the programme can't as well. Also part of the installer is really useful as it asks a few questions like your site name and domain name and then it populates a lot of your settings based on that information.

It's strange that your other website has the same problem. I wonder whether your servers are not meeting the minimum requirements:
http://www.commentics.org/requirements.php

Hello
I will try from home later today, and do extra checks. I will let you know what happens. Rest assured that I want to be helpful.
Many thanks for making the script available for free.

(05-Aug-2010, 10:55 AM)Steven Wrote:  Yeah that's a fair suggestion, however if the installer can't connect properly then it's very likely that the rest of the programme can't as well. Also part of the installer is really useful as it asks a few questions like your site name and domain name and then it populates a lot of your settings based on that information.

It's strange that your other website has the same problem. I wonder whether your servers are not meeting the minimum requirements:

I had more luck at home. I managed to install the script without any problem. I will be familiarize myself with what it can do. An image of the CPanel after installation is attached.
Thanks

(05-Aug-2010, 11:03 AM)aaddllii Wrote:  Hello
I will try from home later today, and do extra checks. I will let you know what happens. Rest assured that I want to be helpful.
Many thanks for making the script available for free.

(05-Aug-2010, 10:55 AM)Steven Wrote:  Yeah that's a fair suggestion, however if the installer can't connect properly then it's very likely that the rest of the programme can't as well. Also part of the installer is really useful as it asks a few questions like your site name and domain name and then it populates a lot of your settings based on that information.

Glad you were able to install it at home.

If you have any questions or feedback about the script then just add a post in the forum and someone will respond.

I too am having this issue, I have had Commentics successfully installed and working correctly on my site (Might say at this point it is a great piece of work) however being a Newbe I some how deleted the comments folder from my domain and since then have been unable to reinstall. My hosting seems to have a problem with databases as even though I have deleted the original DB i cant create a new one using the same name, it says its already created. So im guessing the issue is with my DB and not the software.

However i have the new DB login code, When I place that into install_1 I can get all the way to install 2 then no further, can anybody suggest anything i can edit or replace in install_2 to get me going again.

Bleow is the access code the DB gave me.

<?php
$link = mysql_connect('mywebsite.ipagemysql.com', 'username', '*password*');
if (!$link) {
die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
}
echo 'Connected successfully';
mysql_select_db(comments);
?>

Many thanks in ADVANCE

Chonker

Welcome to the forums!

Try creating a new database under a different name. Make sure you entered the correct information in "includes/db/connect.php"

Also, does your host provide phpMyAdmin? It will help.

I'm giving you three guesses...

Thanks Static

I have tried different names, connect.php is all fine and my host does provide phpMyAdmin. Keep getting the same error, similar to the op. I have mailed my host it must be a DB issue.

Cheers for your prompt reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by FaradaysPC
02-Aug-2022, 08:49 PM
Last Post by Steven
08-Feb-2019, 04:57 PM
Last Post by Steven
12-Nov-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post by HGsunday
04-Jul-2018, 09:42 AM
Last Post by Steven