This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Hitting "Back" in Firefox resubmits comment

Had my girlfriend test the comment section. She submitted it - everything good. Then she clicked a link on my page - then hit "Back" - and her comment was posted a second time on the site.

There is a flooding option in the admin panel. You can set it so that people don't post too often. Also, enabling captcha or the question will prevent users from resubmitting stuff twice because they will have to enter the captcha/answer again.

I'm giving you three guesses...

Was going to mention I've played with the flooding controls. I have captcha off and the question on.
(not trying to get new traffic to the site - just the softball team - so I chose to use just one spam filter to make life simpler)

What happens if you enable the image captcha and do the same?

Have you completed the interview?

Looks like the image captcha stops it from happening. Plus the girlfriend prefers the image over the text captcha. Happy to help with the debugging

Yeah I admit the text captcha isn't as good as the image captcha with these things.

Strange though how the flooding check didn't work.

I had set the delay to 30 seconds in flooding - which is likely the amount of time she spent on the other page before clicking back. Been having fun playing around with different settings.

You've done a nice job with the Admin controls.

Thanks, I've tried to make it as customizable as possible.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
19-Mar-2017, 01:52 PM
Last Post by Steven
07-Oct-2014, 07:53 PM
Last Post by Steven
04-Nov-2012, 01:47 PM
Last Post by Steven
04-Sep-2011, 02:41 PM