This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Loading one instance of Commentics from 2 Sites

Hi guys,

I've been using Commentics as the commenting app for one of the websites that I manage. However, as I'm writing a mobile version of the website with the same content, I want the mobile pages to also show the comments.

This itself hasn't been hard, as both the main site and the mobile share the same account, I typed the following into the comment section of the mobile site:

PHP Code:
<?php
$page_id
= "con";
$reference = "Constitution";
$path_to_comments_folder = "../../mahrs.org/comments/";
define ('IN_COMMENTICS', 'true'); //no need to edit this line
require $path_to_comments_folder . "includes/commentics.php"; //no need to edit this line
?>

This was successful in actually grabbing the information to display, however it seems that it cannot show the stylesheet for Commentics in general. So it looks quite horrible. Is there a solution to this rather than having to install two instances pointing to the same database?

Original site:
http://mahrs.org/misc/constitution.php

Unfinished Mobile site:
http://m.mahrs.org/misc/constitution.php

Thanks for your help.

I'm assuming this isn't possible?

Hi,

There doesn't appear to be a link to the Commentics stylesheet in the <head> tag of the mobile site, like there is for the normal site. Maybe I'm missing something about this problem? I have no experience with mobile development so I'm not sure how much I can help you.

Have you completed the interview?

(21-Apr-2012, 12:17 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

There doesn't appear to be a link to the Commentics stylesheet in the <head> tag of the mobile site, like there is for the normal site. Maybe I'm missing something about this problem? I have no experience with mobile development so I'm not sure how much I can help you.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the reply, you know what? You're right, I actually forgot to include a link to a commentics stylesheet. Thanks for solving my issue! Blush

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
23-Apr-2012, 05:18 PM