This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Database error upon integration

Hi, I've installed this with no problems, but when I add the integration code to my index.php page I receive the following error:

Code:
Sorry, there is a database selection problem.
Please check back again shortly. Thank you!

As far as I know, all settings and paths are correct. Thanks in advance for any help. Smile

Hi, thanks for your reply. No, I'd already tried all that. Confused Plus I can still access the admin panel and change settings etc.

Hi,

It seems like there's something on your page which is interfering with the script. It's very difficult to say what exactly. If it's a popular application that you're integrating with then there may be support available or other people who have had a similar problem. Another thing would be to check your server error logs to see if any helpful errors are produced.

Have you completed the interview?

Hi, I've tried this with a blank php page and still receive the same error Sad

Just to let you know I've also tried this with the example pages included in the download and still receive the same error messages.

Okay, I've figured out what the problem is, but have no idea how to fix it. The original installation was in a folder under public_html (i.e.public_html/test/comments). Once Installed it in the root it works fine. How can I change it so it works no matter which folder it's under?

Is there any reason you don't want to install it in the root?

If the reason is that you already have a /comments/ folder there, then you can rename the /comments/ folder of Commentics to something else, just remember to update the 'Comments URL' setting in Settings -> System.

Also, what is the value of the $path_to_comments_folder variable in your integration code?

Have you completed the interview?

I just thought I'd be able to install it anywhere, no reason. Smile

Okay, I've installed in in the root, but I'm trying to use it on a test site in /public_html/test/demosite, but the database error remains. I've tried all kinds of variations in the integration code:

/comments/
comments/
/home/******/public_html/comments/

but nothing works Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Ben
24-Aug-2023, 02:16 AM
Last Post by nsuomine
20-Jan-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post by MattyP
11-Apr-2020, 08:08 PM