This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Changing stylesheet does nothing

Hello,
First off, great job! Really love it.

I have everything set up, but no matter what I change in the stylesheet.css, when I upload it, there is no difference. I can break links, remove the entire code, nothing changes. It does upload properly, when I check it the changes are there in the source code.

The stylesheet.css is in the comments, css folder where it belongs. I am at a loss as to what I need to do.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

The only thing that I can think of is that the stylesheet is cached in your web browser.

Did you clear your browser cache and refresh the page with the browser refresh button?

I'm not sure what else it could be.

Have you completed the interview?

That's what I thought also. I cleared the cache, checked in other browsers I never use, still nothing. It always look the same.

Is it possible that it isn't using the stylesheet, but is going on some other default? Or is that single stylesheet the only source of formatting.

The stylesheet /comments/css/stylesheet.css is the only source of formatting.

Can you post the URL of the page so I can take a look? It might just be something obvious which needs a fresh pair of eyes.

http://kolarivision.com/testimonials.html

The current stylesheet I have uploaded should make the comment boxes have a black background.

Thanks for checking.

Ah okay. You haven't actually added a link to the stylesheet, as instructed in Step Two here.

Just put this inside your page's <head> tag:

Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="comments/css/stylesheet.css"/>

Wow! Thank you so much, that was it! For some reason I thought the php would link itself, don't know how I missed that step... Anyway its fixed now, thanks so much!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Zenlasers
20-Aug-2012, 03:45 PM
Last Post by 2hands
28-Jun-2012, 02:10 AM
Last Post by robotman
30-Oct-2011, 05:39 AM