This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

how to remove the parameters from the pages url on submisson

Hi,

I want the for to simply reload and jump to the #cmtx_form instead of the full parameter query. Is this possible?

ie, once the form is submitted, instead of it returning to say:

www,sitename.com/page/about-us/33/1?id=33&page=1&name=about-us#cmtx_form

it just reloads to

www,sitename.com/page/about-us/33/1#cmtx_form

Is this possible?

Thanks for such a great bit of code too! Smile

Hi everyone, I'm new here!
I'm from Italy, so apologise me if I'm not perfect in english.

I have a similar question to starchild. Since I install commentics, I have some parameters at the end of the link, and I don't know how I can remove it, only hide.

Bevore I install the script, it was
http://www.sitename.xx/autografi.php

After I install it, I have something like
http://www.sitename.xx/autografi.php#.UHsPccUxob0

The parameters after the.php#. are always different.

How could I solve this problem?

Thank you to all,
regards,
Marco

Hi Marco,

When is this issue occurring? Is it when you submit the form?

Can you provide the URL of your website so I can see it. You can PM me if you want to keep it private.

Have you completed the interview?

Thank you very much for the quickly response Steven!

It's not a problem, I can post it here.

http://www.vespista2.altervista.org/autografi

This issue occurring also if I only open the link. Everywhere in the site there are the strange parameters and they aren't very beautiful to see. Bevore I install the script (months ago) there wasn't this issue. The site is something simple, I havn't studied programming. I am a noob in programming and what I could do, I read a "bit here and a bit there". It's only a hobby. This issue doesn't appears with IE.

I see what you mean. For me, it's only happening in Google Chrome. It's fine in Internet Explorer and Firefox.

I don't believe it's because of Commentics. Commentics has no control over the opening link.

Can you temporarily remove Commentics (delete the integration code) and check whether it still happens?

Have you completed the interview?

You're right man, it wasn't commentics!
While I was updating the contents of a page, I saw the plugin "addthis" so I think about it. I solved by changing a variable from the bar tracking so that now it's disable. If someone should have the same problem, here is the link :Parameters AddThis.

Thank you very very much Steven. Big Grin
I was convinced since 6 months that commentics was the problem, I probably added addthis in the same day and I am confused it.

Thanks a lot again!Smile

Now I'm just angry that I had accidentally deleted the two pages whit my unique 3 comments from the commentics pannel, during removing the no more exist pages. Confused

Regards!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by masonbarge
12-Jan-2014, 06:31 PM
Last Post by Steven
08-Feb-2013, 08:41 PM
Last Post by Steven
16-Dec-2011, 01:10 PM
Last Post by estimado
12-Dec-2011, 08:09 PM