This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Page distinction?

Hi there,

First of all a big thank you for this script!! It's pretty neat :-)

I ran into a little problem though:
On my website I have one php script dynamically dreating all the different pages. The only distinction between the pages were some url parameters (like '?news' or '?screen'). However, a comment done on one page was shown on any page.
Okay, I thought that Commentics maybe only looks at the base url and not the parameters, thus I used .htaccess in order to change from e.g. '?news' to '/news' or from '?screen' to '/screen', as to make the distinction between two pages a little clearer.
But I still have the same problem: If I make one comment on '/news', that comment is also visible on '/screen'... Is there anything I could do to prevent that? Or did I just miss something obvious?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Regards
kustungu

Ha, sometimes the solution is just too obvious:
I simply had to adjust the $cmtx_page_id variable to something unique each site. Don't know how I missed that... well, it's working now :-)

Hi kustungu,

What did you put as the value of the $cmtx_page_id variable in your integration code? It looks like the value is the same for all of your pages. It's up to yourself to supply a value which is distinct for each page. One way you could do this is by supplying the query string, like this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
$cmtx_page_id
= $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];

Or another way might be to use one of the dynamic keywords, described here, like this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
$cmtx_page_id
= "cmtx_url";

Have you completed the interview?

Okay, glad you figured it out Smile

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Toeb
17-Oct-2021, 07:55 PM
Last Post by Steven