This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Reply to comment

Works for me. Ignore that for now.

I'm giving you three guesses...

The feature seems to work fine but I don't see why you need the ID text field? I think it would be better to only have the message saying who the reply is to and the link to undo the reply. It's always best to make things as simple as possible.

Also the reply comment box forces a horizontal scroll bar so you have to scroll to the right to see the rating and reply link.

It would be nice to have some height spacing between the comment and the reply box. This should be in the stylesheet. The CSS for this should be independent from the normal comment box height spacing.

Apart from those things, it actually looks really good!

Have you completed the interview?

I told you that I need to change that field to "hidden". You didn't read the whole post did you?
The styling is also temporary.

Thank you for the complement!

I need to check out what will happen if you disable the form. I don't think it gets rid of the [reply] link.
Preview fix:
in "includes/functions/comments.php"
edit line 157[?] from
Code:
if($enabled_reply && ){
to
Code:
if($enabled_reply && !$is_preview){

I'd put the $default_reply_name in a language file instead of the database.

I'm not sure yet what $default_reply does?

I did read your whole post but it didn't make a lot of sense at the time as I hadn't seen the feature in action.

Those two are for the "repopulate() " function. I don't know of any better way to re-enter the value into the fields. I can make them all fit into one db row if you want.

It doesn't make sense for the undo reply link to show when it's not a reply.

Do you think the reply link should be removed from the reply boxes so it's really clear that you can't reply to a reply?

Undo reply link fix:
"includes/functions/comments.php" line 156
PHP Code:
<?php 
//Reply link
if($enabled_reply && !$is_preview){
global
$comments, $anchor_text;
$box .= "<span class='reply_link'>[<a href='#".$anchor_text."' onclick='document.getElementById(\"reply_to_box\").value=";
$box .= $comments['id'];
$box .= "; document.getElementById(\"currently_replying_to\").innerHTML=\"".$comments['name']."\";";
$box .= " document.getElementById(\"reset_reply\").style.visibility=\"visible\"'>Reply</a>]</span>";
}
And
reset reply link line in "includes/template/form.php" line ~270
Code:
<a id="reset_reply" href="#<?php echo $anchor_text; ?>" onclick='document.getElementById("reply_to_box").value="0"; document.getElementById("currently_replying_to").innerHTML="no one"; this.style.visibility="hidden";'>Click here to not reply.</a>

Reply Link fix:
stylesheetX.css
Code:
.reply_to .reply_link, .reply_to:hover .reply_link {
visibility: hidden;
}

If I preview a comment (which isn't a reply) it says "Currently replying to previous entry" instead of "Currently replying to no one".

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Deparis
20-Jul-2014, 09:08 AM
Last Post by mariank
22-Dec-2013, 09:36 AM
Last Post by Steven
21-Apr-2013, 05:26 PM
Last Post by Chafik
08-Jan-2011, 01:55 PM
Last Post by Static