This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Reply to comment

I'm going to release Commentics v1.2 on Monday. I appreciate you've been busy but I think a week is long enough for the beta to be out.

Have you completed the interview?

Are you still working on this feature?

Sorry, been a couple of days now. I'm still working on it, but not really. It should be simple for you to make the changes, provided that you know what changes were made. I'll get back to this as soon as I can, but don't count on it *too* much.
P.S. No, this does not mean that I'm leaving. I'm simply occupied with other things right now. I have yet to check out 1.2.
P.P.S. Don't forget about Matthe55

I'm giving you three guesses...

Here is the download. The feature is pretty much complete. It needs one or two other changes. If you run into any trouble, tell me, I'll help you out. Be sure to read the file "Other-Changes".

P.S. I'm running low on attachment space. I had to delete the older files of this feature. Can anything be done about this, or do you want me to somehow manage it myself by deleting older files that are unnecessary, which aren't too many?

.zip Reply_Feature.zip Size: 34.9 KB  Downloads: 8

Thanks, I'll start working on this feature in a few days. I'm busy with the backend demo at the moment.

I've increased your attachment space to 10MB.

Where on the form do you think the 'reply to' field should be? I'm going to make it so that its sort order can be changed in the admin panel but just wondering what the default position should be. It seems too prominent at the top, especially considering that many users won't actually be replying to anyone. I was thinking maybe it could go just after the rating field?

How about right beside the comment field? It might not fit in some cases, which will put it below the comment field, which won't be bad either. I just checked and it looks ok.

Yeah maybe. I'll do some experimenting.

When there is an element at the bottom right of the comment box, whether it be the preview text or the reply link, it pushes the time/date at the bottom left upwards by a few pixels. Any ideas?

Actually, it's the height of the comment box that changes. The elements at the bottom-right have a taller height than the date, which results in resizing the comment box. That can be fixed by making the elements in the bottom-right the same size as the date.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Deparis
20-Jul-2014, 09:08 AM
Last Post by mariank
22-Dec-2013, 09:36 AM
Last Post by Steven
21-Apr-2013, 05:26 PM
Last Post by Chafik
08-Jan-2011, 01:55 PM
Last Post by Static