This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Reply to comment

Okay, so maybe reduce the text size of the bottom right elements. Thanks, I'll try that out.

Also, if a user submits a reply to a comment which doesn't exist, I don't think a ban would be appropriate because the administrator may have deleted the original comment while the user was replying to it.

Have you completed the interview?

Yeah, the ban can be removed. If someone messes with the value, then the comment won't be visible anyway. However, a 10 min check might work.

I'm giving you three guesses...

When someone clicks on the reset link to undo the reply, it would be good if the page position stayed the same and didn't jump anywhere. So far the only way I have been able to achieve this is to have the reset link point to an anchor which doesn't exist, like #reset. And that's only been tested in Firefox.

Edit: It works in all browsers.

Or, you can try changing the <a> tag into a <span> tag with an underline, a cursor change, and a color property in it's css.
Code:
.reset_reply{
text-decoration:underline;
color: #00B;
cursor: pointer;
}

Yeah that would also work.

After a comment is successfully submitted, the reset link still shows even though the reply name says "no one". It seems that the hidden field which stores the comment ID is remembering the ID even after submission. Did yours have that problem too?

Fixed. I got the script to unset the ID after comment submission.

We need to fix how the negative margin-right property is having no effect on the reply box.

What do you mean? Everything seems to be working. If you remove the margin-right property, the extra width on the side will be removed. The margin-left property "indents" the box. margin-right works for me.

Removed the margin-right property and it looks good now.

Now I need to add the pagination.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Deparis
20-Jul-2014, 09:08 AM
Last Post by mariank
22-Dec-2013, 09:36 AM
Last Post by Steven
21-Apr-2013, 05:26 PM
Last Post by Chafik
08-Jan-2011, 01:55 PM