This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Reply to comment

I've realized that there's quite a stumbling block with the pagination.

How I want it to work is so that the replies are counted as normal. For example, if it's configured for 5 comments per page, then 1 comment with 4 replies would mean the next comment is on page 2.

But the way that the comments and replies are output makes this really difficult to achieve. That's because for each comment the script outputs all of its replies, so there's no way to know how to paginate before that's done.

At the moment I have it working so that only the comments are counted when it comes to pagination. This means that any page can have an endless amount of replies.

What are your thoughts about this?

Have you completed the interview?

What if the comment has more replies? Should the next page start with the comment and then the replies, or just the replies?
As soon as I get that info, I'll be able to fix that easily.
And explaining how the pagination works will help too, but I can figure that out myself.

I'm giving you three guesses...

I think it's okay for a page to start with a reply to a comment from the previous page. So to answer your question, just the replies.

That would be a massive help if you were to fix it because it's been bugging me for days.

I'll post a comment sometime today explaining the pagination.

I've sorted out the pagination, so it's OK. It will be slightly complicated but pretty easy, so expect something in an hour or two if nothing comes up.

Okay great!

What's the latest with this? Do you have a solution?

I have everything that I need to finish it. I just need to change the implementation of the replies. If you want it now, then you'll have to do with a goto in the code, which I doubt that you would Smile. I didn't have time to work on it much because some things came up, but I'll be finished soon. How's progress on the css demo page?

That's cool. I appreciate it's not a simple change. Just wanted to check it was still in progress. Take your time.

I've been a little busy too so haven't yet got around to the css demo page.

Yesterday, I had almost everything done. I only had to finish one more thing, but then my computer crashed, and everything that I worked on was lost Sad
I'll have to redo a lot of it again now.

Really? Ah no. I hope you can remember it all Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Deparis
20-Jul-2014, 09:08 AM
Last Post by mariank
22-Dec-2013, 09:36 AM
Last Post by Steven
21-Apr-2013, 05:26 PM
Last Post by Chafik