This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

unable to install

Hi,
downloaded this today, unzipped and uploaded 1789 files to the server. Created database with user and password as per usual, and then go to install. It opens the install page no problem, I give it the details, and am absolutely certain it is getting the right details, but I get an error. It tells me that access to the database vor user...@.... is denied. The problem seems to be that your username is wrong. Double checked the whole lot, the details given are correct.
Uninstalled the whole lot, re-installed, gave it exactly the same details, now it tells me that the password is wrong. Uninstalled again, reinstalled, and it tells me the username is wrong.

Here are the details used

host: mysql1001.mochahost.com
db: [Removed]
user: [Removed]
password: [Removed]

This is doing my head in. I've tried both versions of the db name and user, with and without prefix. Doesn't make the slightest difference. The details are 100% certain correct. Anybody any ideas?

Does your MySQL user have all of the privileges in Step 5?

http://www.commentics.org/wiki/doku.php?...e_database

Have you completed the interview?

(22-Apr-2014, 06:54 PM)Steven Wrote:  Does your MySQL user have all of the privileges in Step 5?

Hi Steven,

yes, all the privileges have been given. It simply alternates between telling me the username is wrong and the password is wrong. I'm in the process of installing this yet again to see if I can figure out what is going wrong. But it's been a long day...

(22-Apr-2014, 07:27 PM)Eleanna Wrote:  
(22-Apr-2014, 06:54 PM)Steven Wrote:  Does your MySQL user have all of the privileges in Step 5?

Hi Steven,

yes, all the privileges have been given. It simply alternates between telling me the username is wrong and the password is wrong. I'm in the process of installing this yet again to see if I can figure out what is going wrong. But it's been a long day...

Right, did the whole gig over again, same story, "This error appears to be because your password is wrong". Went to check on includes/db/details.php and the file does not exist???

Okay. That file is automatically created by the installer after entering your database details, so it's normal for it not to exist to begin with. Try creating the file manually with the following content inside (making sure to enter your details).

PHP Code:
<?php
$cmtx_mysql_database
= '';
$cmtx_mysql_username = '';
$cmtx_mysql_password = '';
$cmtx_mysql_host = 'localhost';
$cmtx_mysql_port = '';
$cmtx_mysql_table_prefix = '';
?>

(23-Apr-2014, 08:54 PM)Steven Wrote:  Okay. That file is automatically created by the installer after entering your database details, so it's normal for it not to exist to begin with. Try creating the file manually with the following content inside (making sure to enter your details).

PHP Code:
<?php
$cmtx_mysql_database
= '';
$cmtx_mysql_username = '';
$cmtx_mysql_password = '';
$cmtx_mysql_host = 'localhost';
$cmtx_mysql_port = '';
$cmtx_mysql_table_prefix = '';
?>

Right. Went through the whole thing again, deleted the mysql database and created a new one, different name, different user, different password. Checked with the host re magic quotes, cURL, PHP version (5.3) and mySQL version which is all as it should be. Ran the installer again with the correct details. The IP for the mysql server is 198.38.82.101, but the error message that pops up, telling my my user name is wrong, gives a different IP.
Quote:Access denied for user 'ephilant_mod'@'198.38.82.69' to database 'ephilant-comment'

details.php does now exist, and gives the correct IP

Quote://ENTER DATABASE INFORMATION HERE*****************************************************
$cmtx_mysql_database = '[Removed]'; // The name of the database you created
$cmtx_mysql_username = '[Removed]'; // Your MySQL username
$cmtx_mysql_password = '[Removed]'; // Your MySQL password
$cmtx_mysql_host = '198.38.82.101'; // Usually 'localhost'. Can also be an IP address.
$cmtx_mysql_port = ''; // In most cases leave blank
$cmtx_mysql_table_prefix = ''; // In most cases leave blank

This is now really doing my head in. I can give you access to the ftp if you like, so that you can have a look at this yourseff and maybe see what is going here?

Sure, you can submit a ticket at the URL below and I'll take a look tomorrow.
http://www.commentics.org/support/index.php?a=add

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem as Eleanna, can you remember what the solution to this was?
Thanks.

Hi,

The problem was that they were entering a dash in the database name when the actual database name had an underscore.

Can you open /upload/includes/db/failure.php and after this line:

PHP Code:
<?php 
function cmtx_db_error_connect($errno, $error) { //display a database connection error to admin

Add this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
echo $errno . ' ' . $error;

Thanks! Works perfectly now, all installed and ready to set up, thanks again!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
12-Dec-2021, 11:43 AM
Last Post by WhatSay
15-Aug-2020, 02:11 PM
Last Post by Steven
12-Nov-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post by cexplorer
13-Jul-2018, 07:55 PM
Last Post by Steven
14-Apr-2017, 11:56 AM