This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Refuses To Accept Password During Install

Hello,
I have tried to install, uninstall, reinstall multiple times... Created a new database and changed my password multiple times... And, no matter what, I get the following every time:

Sorry, there is a database connection error:1045: Access denied for user 'CommenticsDB2'@'localhost' (using password: YES)This error appears to be because your password is wrong.The following are steps to help fix it:(a) Open the file /db/details.php
(b) Check the value of $cmtx_mysql_password
© Does it match with your MySQL password?

I'm on Godaddy CPanel hosting, php version 5.4, mysql version 5.5.42. So, my server meets all of the minimum requirements... I have given my mysql user the suggested permissions - SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, ALTER, INDEX and DROP...

Is there any way to get this to install?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

This question would be better suited for your host. There's unfortunately no way for me to help.

Have you completed the interview?

Thank you, Steven. Their answer will be the same as it always is, but i'll try... They will say, "we can't help you with 3rd party scripting issues"... *sigh*

I really hope I can get this working. It is by far, one of the nicest and most intuitive commenting systems I have found. Great work you're doing over here!

Just as expected, my host said this is a scripting issue and I have to agree with them. Do you have any suggestions?

I think the script itself works fine because many people have installed it successfully. The issue appears to be that the details that you're entering are not matching with what your server expects. I'm sure your server works fine too so I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with your server. I was just trying to say that your host can and should help you to enter the correct details for your account with them.

Have you completed the interview?

I am VERY happy to say, I got it up and running! >8>) As it turned out, I happened to notice I somehow had 2 of the characters switched around in the username. I'm retarded... lol But, I just have to say, this commenting system is soooo nice! Much nicer and way more intuitive than most of the paid ones i've tried! I have to admit, I would have gladly paid for this...

Thanks so much for this AWESOME script!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
12-Dec-2021, 11:43 AM
Last Post by WhatSay
15-Aug-2020, 02:11 PM
Last Post by Steven
12-Nov-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post by cexplorer
13-Jul-2018, 07:55 PM
Last Post by Steven