This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Install to existing database

Hi, Steven.

First, thank you for making this great piece of software 

I need to install Commentics to existing site, but my host allows only one database per site.
Is it possible to install it into the existing database, considering there will be no same table names, and will it be the problem with updating Commentics later (deleting other tables on upgrading)? I prefer the database to be on the same host, but maybe the better way is to have another remote database on different host and connect to it remotely?

Thanks you very much, Steven.

Boris

----

Hi Boris,

Absolutely. Just enter a database prefix (e.g. 'commentics_') during the installer on the database step. Upgrading will be fine and will leave your other tables alone.

Have you completed the interview?

That's great!

Thank you very much, Steven.

(22-Sep-2017, 08:29 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi Boris,

Absolutely. Just enter a database prefix (e.g. 'commentics_') during the installer on the database step. Upgrading will be fine and will leave your other tables alone.

Well, I messed it up.  I installed it in an existing database and did not add a prefix.  I need to add one now, is there an easy way to do this?  Modify a file and then manually change the table names?

Nevermind, I was able to figure it out.  Modified config.php and then changed the name of the database files listed here: https://www.commentics.org/database

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
12-Dec-2021, 11:43 AM
Last Post by WhatSay
15-Aug-2020, 02:11 PM
Last Post by Steven
12-Nov-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post by cexplorer
13-Jul-2018, 07:55 PM
Last Post by HGsunday
04-Jul-2018, 09:42 AM