This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

404 Page

Downloaded commentics, unzipped and uploaded 1789 files to the server. Created database with user and password as per instructions, and then go to install. http://www.domain.com/upload/installer/
Received a 404 error page. What did I do wrong?

From the installation guide:
"In the steps below, remember to replace domain.com with your actual domain name."

Have you completed the interview?

I am incredibly stupid!!!!! Thank you.

You already know you're dealing with an idiot. I got to a database connection error "appears to be because your host is wrong" (a) open the file /db/details.php. I can't find a file of that name, only installer/database.php. I found $cmtx_mysql_host" but don't know what to do change it to. I guess I'm just way over my head.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's referring to the file /upload/includes/db/details.php

If you're sure that the host you entered is correct then it may be because your MySQL server is not running. That's something you'll need to speak to your host about.

Before I contact my host (I guess I'm assuming since I was able to create a database, MySQL is running?), should I have entered the ISP address of the site as the host?

It's possible that the database is on a remote server.

You mean the IP address? Definitely try it. Also try the word "localhost".

If you have any other scripts on your site that connect to a database then take a look at the connection details that they use.

Failing that, ask your host.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by marcparish
12-Jul-2020, 11:05 PM
Last Post by jgee
18-Nov-2016, 06:59 PM
Last Post by Steven
16-Jul-2012, 08:32 PM
Last Post by map22
30-Jun-2012, 06:55 AM