This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Can't get past the installer page!

I've followed all the install steps and now at the point of going to the installer page (mydomain.com/comments/installer/). It says a system check is now being performed and all the checks are marked as "Pass". So far so good....

But when I click Continue, nothing happens. The page submits but nothing happens. I'm still on the install page. Any ideas?

That's strange.

Add menu.php to the end of the URL (comments/installer/menu.php).

If you get the same behaviour for menu.php, add install_1.php to the end.

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks, adding menu.php worked and I was able to install and get to the page where you enter the account user details but now I'm at the login screen and when I enter my user and pwd then click "Login", nothing happens. The page submits and the fields are set to blank, but nothing happens. Even if I type what I know to be the wrong pwd, the same thing happens - it stays on the page and no error message is shown. Seems like the same issue I was having with the installer page.

It sounds like you might have something in your website's .htaccess file which is affecting the index.php files.

Thanks Steven, you are right the following code in my .htaccess file was causing the issue:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^.*\/index\.php\ HTTP/
RewriteRule ^(.*)index\.php$ /$1 [R=301,L]

When I remove it, it works fine. The thing is I had put that code to redirect index.php pages to the main page. (e.g. mydomain.com/index.php redirects to mydomain.com) Is there any other way to achieve this without interfering with your script?

Thx!

I use the following for this website:

Code:
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /index\.php\ HTTP/
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ http://www.commentics.org/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /index\.html\ HTTP/
RewriteRule ^index\.html$ http://www.commentics.org/ [R=301,L]

Great, thanks for the info! BTW your script is really awesome. There seems to be an option for just about anything!
One feature request I'd love is to be able to more easily approve comments within the list without having to go in and edit each one by changing the Approved drop down and saving.

Thanks again for your help.
Charles

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by marcparish
12-Jul-2020, 11:05 PM
Last Post by jgee
18-Nov-2016, 06:59 PM
Last Post by Steven
11-Jun-2014, 08:28 PM
Last Post by Steven
04-Apr-2013, 07:59 PM