This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Custom Integration with TNG - advice needed

(27-Apr-2013, 12:16 PM)Steven Wrote:  I did notice that the 'sort by' feature on your live version doesn't seem to be working quite right. After selecting the oldest, the resulting page doesn't show the Commentics script.
I just found and fixed the Sort Order bug. It was actually part of the code I written. I've made the necessary change and everything works just fine now. Thank you!

I've been quite busy these past couple days answering questions via email about Commentics. After I made a public announcement on the TNG Forums and email list, there was a nice response with a few dozen new installs within the first 24-hours. Most of the questions were about customizing the styling, but a few were installation/integration support.

I'm just happy that I could share the installation instructions with others and that many people will benefit with the Commentics addition to their family genealogy websites.

Thank you for your help Steven. I really appreciate and Enjoy Commentics.

It's good to hear about the new users. I hope they like it.

One of your important tips got me thinking. There needs to be a quick way to change the 'From Name', 'From Email' and 'Reply Email' settings for all of the emails in one go. In the next version, there will be an email setup page in the admin panel which will cater for this.

Have you completed the interview?

(30-Apr-2013, 07:08 PM)Steven Wrote:  One of your important tips got me thinking. There needs to be a quick way to change the 'From Name', 'From Email' and 'Reply Email' settings for all of the emails in one go. In the next version, there will be an email setup page in the admin panel which will cater for this.

This is good news. I found myself having to go through each and every email setting to change the default comments@website.com and no-reply@website.com

This will really simplify things. I'm looking forward to many of the new changes.

Also, I've been asked to modify my TNG Integration Mod to reflect several styling requests and English text changes to Commentics (such as changing 'Admin' to 'Admin Reply'). I will be doing this within the next few days. However, I'll need to closely follow Commentics version changes and re-write the mod for each Commentics version.

To remedy this, I'm going to create one basic Commentics Integration Mod for TNG, and then a second Styling Mod for the current Commentics version. This way, no matter what version Commentics is available, the user can get Commentics running with or without automatic styling options.

Thanks again Steven.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Ben
24-Aug-2023, 02:16 AM
Last Post by nsuomine
20-Jan-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post by Steven
23-Jan-2019, 02:07 PM
Last Post by news
18-Dec-2017, 09:15 AM