This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Link on comments page?
Big Grin 

Hey Steven, I greatly appreciate all your help with my setup issues today!

All error messages are gone, my timezone is correct, and I got the email issue figured out. I had tested it several times in the Admin Panel, and hadn't received the emails. Then I happened to stumble across them, Gmail had sent all of them to my spam folder LMAO so that's fixed, my notifications are working fine now.

I also set up an SSL certificate, but I have to wait 24 hours for it to promulgate. After it's all done and secure I will give you the link to the page and let you inspect it for any problems if that's ok. Both of the people who were testing it for me in two different states both said they got SSL warnings. Might that have been the reason why comments wouldn't go through for them?

And my last question, with regard to the comments page, is it permissible to add a button to the page that links to the home page of my website? When I open it to the public I will have button on the home page, but visitors would be left with no way out except to close the page and return to the home page. Is adding a button ok?

And when this thing is all set up and ready to go I will definitely be upgrading to the paid package. This is an awesome piece of work. And thank you again! Cool

Hi I'm glad to hear you're making progress. Of course I'd be happy to take a look once your SSL is ready. Yes it's possible that was the reason as ajax is very strict when it comes to such things. I'll have a better idea of what's happening when I look for myself. Yes it's definitely possible to modify the HTML. The template files are located here:

/frontend/view/default/template/main/

In the template files you might see some syntax like @if comments and wonder what it is. You can find out more about that here:

https://www.commentics.org/template-engine

Have you completed the interview?

Thank you!

I don't need to modify your HTML I just want to add a simple "Home" button at the bottom of the page for visitors to get back to the home page when they are done on the comments page. The page isn't open to the public yet as I want to make sure it's working right before I open it up. I'll be in touch after while. Thanks again! Cool

Well it appears the lack of SSL was the root of mu issues. The page is up and working and has been tested out with no problems. I'm very happy with it, and tomorrow I will be upgrading to the paid version.

My only question: I found in Settings/Layout for disabling the "Share" feature on every comment. Is there a way to remove the share option from the page completely?

Other than that, I'm good to go. Thanks again! Cool

Sure, so if you go to Settings -> Layout -> Comments, click the Outer Area tab, there should be a setting in there called Social.

(13-Apr-2020, 10:42 AM)Steven Wrote:  Sure, so if you go to Settings -> Layout -> Comments, click the Outer Area tab, there should be a setting in there called Social.

Well this is new, started just this morning. For some reason now I can't comment, or reply, I can't reply on the page itself or through the admin page either, in 3 different browsers. Not sure what that's about. The reply button shades out for a few seconds, then nothing. But others have been able to reply yesterday, and I was able to reply to them. Now I can't.
Any ideas? Huh

What's the link to your page?

It works fine for me. In your Chrome browser press F12 to open up DevTools and try posting a comment. Look in the Console tab for any errors. Also in the Network tab click on the ajax request (it should have the name 'index.php?route=main/form/submit'), click on the Response tab and look for any errors there.

(13-Apr-2020, 01:46 PM)Steven Wrote:  It works fine for me. In your Chrome browser press F12 to open up DevTools and try posting a comment. Look in the Console tab for any errors. Also in the Network tab click on the ajax request (it should have the name 'index.php?route=main/form/submit'), click on the Response tab and look for any errors there.

[Image: clipboard01.jpg]

[Image: clipboard02.jpg]

I took screenshots but can't post them ... it says 403 Forbidden error in console and network tabs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
29-Jul-2020, 08:34 AM
Last Post by Steven
04-Jul-2020, 06:46 PM