This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Center No comments yet

Comments, Add Comment, Open the form and the comments are all centered on my web pages. However, I can't get the "No comments yet" to center. The suggestions on the forum regarding centering elements have not solved my problem. When I added text-align: center to .cmtx_no_commentx_text in the css file, the "No comments yet" still stays on the left side of the page. If I add other variables such as changing the font color, the changes work.

I believe I'm using version 2.3.

You can view my website here.

Thanks for you help.

Jim

Hi Jim,

You'll need to change the HTML from a span to a div in the template file. In /comments/includes/template/comments.php, change this (line 304):

PHP Code:
<?php 
echo "<span class='cmtx_no_comments_text'>";
echo
CMTX_NO_COMMENTS;
echo
"</span>";

To this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
echo "<div class='cmtx_no_comments_text'>";
echo
CMTX_NO_COMMENTS;
echo
"</div>";

Have you completed the interview?

Thank you, Steven. The change worked perfectly. I appreciate your help.

Could you tell me why a span was used for the cmtx_no_comments_text but wasn't used with cmtx_comments_heading or cmtx_form_heading.

Thanks again. Commentics is a great program.

Jim

Probably because a <span> tag is more semantic for a piece of text than a <div>, but <span> has the disadvantage that it's not a block level element so it can't be positioned properly.

cmtx_comments_heading and cmtx_form_heading use <h3> tags because that's the best and most appropriate tag for headings and is block level so can be positioned fine.

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Tim
06-Jan-2021, 08:56 PM
Last Post by Tim
18-Oct-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post by Gevill
23-Jul-2019, 01:17 AM
Last Post by Steven
16-Feb-2018, 09:15 AM