This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

User delete/edit comment

Hi,
Is it possible for a user who has posted a comment to then later delete it or edit it?

Cannot find if this is a possibility.

Thanks for your time!

J

Hi,

No that's not possible. I've considered it before but I'm not sure that it would bring a lot of value, especially compared to other features that could be added. For example if a user deletes their comment then it may delete a whole coversation of replies to it by other users which I don't think would be a good experience for everyone except the initial poster. I suppose a time limit of 10 minutes for instance could help with this. Also other users may receive a notification email when the comment is posted but if the user deletes it straight away then it wouldn't be a good experience when the other users click a link to go to it but it's not there. I like the idea of an edit feature more, however it would need to keep and be able to show an edit history so that a reply to it would still make sense if the user were to edit it. I understand that these things may not apply to your particular website but I always try to think about a typical administrator. I think it would be a good module for Commentics v3. Let me know if you have any thoughts on the details of how it would work.

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Toeb
17-Oct-2021, 07:55 PM
Last Post by Steven
13-Aug-2020, 12:36 PM
Last Post by clixcity
30-Jul-2020, 08:29 AM