This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

User confirmation email

Ok, I'll try to explain this the best I can but I'm a little confused myself.

I posted a test comment at my site and signed up for the subscription but when I got the email to confirm my subscription it said the title of the page I was subscribed to was Untitled.

I have this set up on my page so it's supposed to take the information from the site.

So, it's either not working I have it set up wrong or (more than likely) I'm confused about something.

Thanks for your help.

It looks like you're setting an empty value for the reference there. Commentics needs to know a reference for the page so, as it doesn't have one, it's resorting to 'Untitled'. The idea of the "commentics_config" code shown in your screenshot is so that you can provide a value for it yourself. If you don't have a value to provide for it, you can remove the reference part from the "commentics_config" section and it will automatically use your page's <title> tag for the reference. Like this:

Code:
<script>
var commentics_config = {
'identifier': ''
};
</script>

Please note this will only affect future pages that aren't yet in Commentics. To correct the page you're talking about, in the admin area you'll need to go to 'Manage -> Pages', edit the page and set the reference that you want there.

Have you completed the interview?

Oh ok, I didn't understand that. I thought I could just leave nothing in between the quotes and it would automatically reference it from the page. Should I take identifier out as well?

Okay I'll change it in the next version to automatically reference it from the page if the user sets an empty value for it.

If you set an empty value for the identifier like you're doing, it automatically uses the URL of the page. This is what it does if you don't set an identifier value at all. So yes I'd take out the identifier as well and it should work exactly the same in that respect.

Have you completed the interview?

Actually since I didn't really know what I was doing and it was an optional part, I just removed that bit of code. I think it does the same thing. I dunno... Looks like it's working great so far.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Toeb
17-Oct-2021, 07:55 PM
Last Post by Steven
02-Jan-2017, 01:07 PM
Last Post by Steven
01-Jan-2016, 12:26 AM
Last Post by Steven
17-Mar-2015, 06:25 PM