This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Moving to new Server

(15-Oct-2016, 01:42 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi gongong,

If you look at your phpMyAdmin again you'll see that there are no comments between 5th August to 10th October and there are no pages between 4th August to 10th October. So the data isn't in your database. The next step would be for you to check that the missing data is in the file that you used for the import. If the data is in the file then there was a problem with the import to your new server. If the data is not in the file then there was a problem with the export from your old server. I'm guessing that the data is in the file and that the file is very big (e.g. over 75MB) so this might be why, because you can only import up to a certain amount of data before it quits. In this case what you should do is open the file and remove all the data except the missing data and only import that and hopefully the file will be small enough for it to import properly. If the file is still too big then you'll have to look at other options like importing it through command line (using something like 'MySQL Workbench') rather than through phpMyAdmin.

Hi Steven, thanks for going thru my site.

Anyway please see the attachment.

3.39MB was last backup database from my old server thru commentic.

But when i imported into new server, and i backup again, its only show 2.37mb, so i presume the 1mb+ went missing thru importing to new server?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes it does appear that the import failed to import all of the data. With only a 3.39MB file there shouldn't be this problem. I think you need to speak to your host because it's their software (phpMyAdmin) on their server which has the issue. It's not a Commentics issue, so they would be the best people to help. They will probably be able to import it for you but just make sure they only import the missing data because you don't want to lose your comments and pages since the 10th October.

Have you completed the interview?

(16-Oct-2016, 11:28 AM)Steven Wrote:  Yes it does appear that the import failed to import all of the data. With only a 3.39MB file there shouldn't be this problem. I think you need to speak to your host because it's their software (phpMyAdmin) on their server which has the issue. It's not a Commentics issue, so they would be the best people to help. They will probably be able to import it for you but just make sure they only import the missing data because you don't want to lose your comments and pages since the 10th October.

Hmmm okie, but now if i ask host to help me import in, will my recent comments be overwrite or will be replaced by the overwrite backup?

Thanks Steven.

Can you PM me your file and I'll modify it so that either yourself or your host can import it.

(17-Oct-2016, 06:34 PM)Steven Wrote:  Can you PM me your file and I'll modify it so that either yourself or your host can import it.

Hmmm, it won't overwrite my lastest comments as of upload?

Thanks.

It won't overwrite anything if it's modified by myself.

Okie, PM you the file already. Big Grin

Thanks.

The file from your PM does not have the missing data between 5th August to 10th October.

(22-Oct-2016, 05:22 PM)Steven Wrote:  The file from your PM does not have the missing data between 5th August to 10th October.

Nevermind, i think its okie. I will stay it as it is.

Anyway, if i upgrade to v3, will i have any issue?

For the upgrade to v3, as long as people follow the instructions carefully, take backups and ideally practice it first then there shouldn't be any issues at all.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
15-Apr-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post by Gabe
24-Oct-2017, 03:24 PM
Last Post by Steven
09-Feb-2013, 05:56 PM