This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Softaculous update and breaking changes

Hi Allan,

According to your post, the prefix which Softaculous used when they installed it is "cm_".

Therefore you need to open the config.php file and change the CMTX_DB_PREFIX line to this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
define
('CMTX_DB_PREFIX', 'cm_');

Once you've done that, you should no longer get the "no database tables" message.

Have you completed the interview?

Success! The back end looks really nice!

But the front end, well...... it's suddenly disappeared!

I'm not sure what's happening, but when my (php) pages load they stop loading any code once Commentics is supposed to load, refraining from displaying Commentics as well as their footers, etc. I checked the PHP version I'm using and it's 5.6. I tried updating to 7.0, and then downgrading to 5.4, both to no avail. I'm back on 5.6. Any idea(s)? This is the script I'm using to load up Commentics, and while <div id="comments"> appears when I check the source code in Firefox, nothing else does. Might there be a silly adjustment that I'm missing?

Code:
<div id="comments">
   <?php
       $cmtx_identifier='0047' ;
       $cmtx_reference='POST TITLE' ;
       $cmtx_path='../../../../commentics/' ;
       require $cmtx_path . 'includes/commentics.php'; //don 't edit this line
   ?>
</div>

Thanks again.

As an addition, and although I didn't change anything in my site whatsoever between the front end working and not working, I do have this in my site:

.htaccess:

Code:
AddType application/x-httpd-php56 .php
Options +Includes
AddType text/html .html
AddHandler server-parsed .html

At the start of each php file:

Code:
<?php session_start(); ?>

Meta:

Code:
<meta charset="utf-8">
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
<script>if ($(window).width() < 767) { $('meta[name=viewport]').attr('content','width=320'); }</script>

But like I said, nothing changed between when it worked and didn't besides going from 2.5 to 3.0. Another Softaculous-induced issue?

Hi Allan,

Sorry the integration code has changed for v3.0 and I hadn't mentioned it on the upgrade page. Please try this:

PHP Code:
<?php
$cmtx_identifier
= '0047';
$cmtx_reference  = 'POST TITLE';
$cmtx_folder     = '/commentics/';
require(
$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . $cmtx_folder . 'frontend/index.php');
?>

Have you completed the interview?

Success!

And strange, because I'd actually gone snooping around yesterday and noticed the change in the integration code, and put it in, but it didn't work. I must have copied and pasted incorrectly, or more likely left in the ../../../.. portion in the path. Anyway, all good now, thanks!

And awesome job, the front end looks much improved/enhanced. I like the "Admin" addition I now see under my photo, and the scroll over is very nice as well. Now on to adjusting my CSS to get it all to match my site. (Let's hope I won't have to pester you with too many questions here in the forum. Wink )

Cheers,

Allan

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
11-Mar-2014, 09:33 PM
Last Post by Steven
13-Feb-2013, 07:04 PM