This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

2.5 update issues

Just a couple of small issues so far, otherwise a great upgrade to a great product!

1. The rss.php seems to have a LF somewhere before the XML tag causing the RSS to fail with a parsing error. I couldn't see where it was, so I moved the XML tag to the top of the page, this fixed it.

2. On servers with safe_mode activated:
PHP Code:
<?php 
curl_setopt
($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true);
doesn't work.

You'll see a message in frontend error reporting.

Either comment out the line (around 640) in includes/functions/processor.php; deactivate safe_mode, or use an alternative PHP function.

Hope this helps someone.

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your post.

That's strange about the RSS file as it's working fine for me. Would you be able to attach the file (ideally one from before and one from after) so that I can see what you've changed?

Have you completed the interview?

Hi Steven,

No problem. Attached find the before and after (simply moved the xml tag to the first line), a ss of the XML error, and also of the (before) source view showing the newline/linefeed.

The error was apparent in both (Linux) Firefox and Chrome.

Worked out of the box in 2.4.

Lisa

(11-Mar-2014, 07:12 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your post.

That's strange about the RSS file as it's working fine for me. Would you be able to attach the file (ideally one from before and one from after) so that I can see what you've changed?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt before_after_xml.txt Size: 5.39 KB  Downloads: 18

I see what you mean, however I can't seem to find what's causing it.

If you have the time it would be great if you could gradually move the XML tag downwards in the file until it triggers that error again. That may then provide more of a clue as to where the problem is.

Sorted. I tracked it back to details.php, called by connect.php, called by rss.php.

There was a space before the initial
PHP Code:
<?php 

As I recall, this file was created by pasting during install, probably happened then (I had completely removed the 2.4 installation, so the existing details.php was no longer available).

(11-Mar-2014, 08:37 PM)Steven Wrote:  I see what you mean, however I can't seem to find what's causing it.

If you have the time it would be great if you could gradually move the XML tag downwards in the file until it triggers that error again. That may then provide more of a clue as to where the problem is.

Okay, thanks for tracking it down. I'll know what the likely cause is now if someone else gets it.

Yeah the installer tries to create the details.php file automatically but if it can't (usually because of folder permissions) then it will ask the user to create the file themselves.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by JennieD
13-Aug-2014, 11:33 AM
Last Post by Steven
13-Feb-2013, 07:04 PM