This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Installation database connection problem

Hi
I think I,ve done everything right but i cant get  the installer page to install the database. on restaurantsintheminervois.ml
Any help welcome
Thanks

It looks like you're trying to install a very old version of Commentics. Is there any reason for that? If you use the current version then it will tell you what the exact issue is and it may work without any problems.

Have you completed the interview?

Hi Steven,
When i built my site That is the commentics version I used, it always worked well so I kept it.
It appears to be a database creation/login problem with my hoster, which I hope they can resolve.
Thanks for your reply

I can understand that, however it's always best to use the latest version. It's probably because the old version of Commentics which you're trying to install uses the 'MySQL' extension which is now either deprecated or completely removed (depending on which version of PHP your server has). The more recent versions of Commentics use the new and improved 'MySQLi' extension. If this is in fact the case then I think the only way your host could resolve it would be to rollback your version of PHP which may not be feasible if you're on a shared server.

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by murat
31-Dec-2020, 07:00 PM
Last Post by rol
16-Feb-2020, 02:18 PM
Last Post by Steven
23-May-2019, 07:20 PM
Last Post by Steven
13-May-2019, 09:32 AM
Last Post by lastejas