This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

star rating selection not showing up in webpage

Hi I just upgraded to commentics 3.2, I got everything working so far. However the customer can't rate any stars on my site because the star selection is not there?
The only way to show a rating is if I edit the comment and select it.
can someone help me show this option?
FS

Hi could this be the reason?

https://www.commentics.org/support/knowl...article=21

Have you completed the interview?

Thank you Steven, I am in a little trouble here, I know I have been in that section before. I think I am going the wrong way to settings, from inside the php mYAdmin console I select Settings and I can't get any list, just a main window with "Manage your settings", "Features", "Table Structure", "Browse Mode", "Edit Mode" and "Tabs"
Cant find the way to get to the drop down menu I remember to select: Settings -> Layout -> Form

Any idea what I am doing wrong? I reached a mental block right now....

It means in the Commentics admin panel, not phpMyAdmin.

So in the Commentics admin panel, you go to 'Settings -> Layout -> Form', click the edit button for the 'Rating' and change the 'Repeat' setting to 'Normal'.

(21-Mar-2018, 10:26 PM)Steven Wrote:  It means in the Commentics admin panel, not phpMyAdmin.

So in the Commentics admin panel, you go to 'Settings -> Layout -> Form', click the edit button for the 'Rating' and change the 'Repeat' setting to 'Normal'.

You are awesome! I knew I was doing it wrong, I got the rating field to show on the website, however the field is grey and not white like the other fields, with the gray background is easy to miss this field because I can't see the stars, only the red asterisk as a required field. Only moving the cursor to the middle of the field that you can see the starts change from gray to yellow.
How could I fix this?
Thanks again for all your help.
FS

Sounds like a styling issue. Can you provide a link to your page so I can see what's happening? You can PM me if it necessary.

(22-Mar-2018, 09:05 AM)Steven Wrote:  Sounds like a styling issue. Can you provide a link to your page so I can see what's happening? You can PM me if it necessary.

OF course, I noticed that depending on the brightness setting of the monitor, sometimes is more visible than others, but I would like to make sure it's always visible to customers, regardless of the monitor setting.

http://www.geekcompuservice.com/reviews.php

Thank you again!

Okay you just need to add this to your stylesheet:

#cmtx_rating {
background-color: white;
}

Got it, Thank you very much for your help!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
29-Jul-2020, 08:34 AM
Last Post by Steven
25-May-2019, 05:50 PM
Last Post by Steven
04-Feb-2014, 09:25 PM
Last Post by djsomali
27-Mar-2013, 09:35 PM
Last Post by kevbo22
17-Nov-2011, 06:43 PM