This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Captcha images not showing

Installed commentics and did a apache rebuild for gd lib. I know I have gd lib enabled as I ran a php info and verified. Everything is good except no captcha images show up. Set the following code in secureimage_show.php:

Code:
ini_set('display_errors', 'on');
error_reporting(E_ALL);

It shows error:

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagettfbbox() in /server_path/comments/captcha/securimage.php on line 867

Any ideas for me?

Additionally I would be ok with dis-abling the captcha and having only the question. However when I turn off the captcha the question turns off as well.

Hi,

If you look at the first couple of comments on the page http://www.phpcaptcha.org/faq/, the admin says:
Quote:This most likely means you have an older version of PHP or PHP & GD are not compiled with FreeType (TTF) support. Make sure you have at least PHP 4.3, and preferably PHP 5.2 or above, and that GD and FreeType are included. You can create a script with in it to view your configuration.

As you can't install Commentics without PHP 5.2 or higher, it must be that your GD library is not compiled with FreeType.

It doesn't make sense to me that the question would turn off when turning off the captcha. I just tried this on a clean install, I went to Layout -> Form -> Enabled and de-selected the 'Captcha' setting, and it only turned off the captcha. Maybe it's related to the above problem. Aside from disabling the question, the only time that it might not appear is when you are previewing a comment.

Have you completed the interview?

(17-Nov-2011, 10:56 AM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

If you look at the first couple of comments on the page http://www.phpcaptcha.org/faq/, the admin says:
Quote:This most likely means you have an older version of PHP or PHP & GD are not compiled with FreeType (TTF) support. Make sure you have at least PHP 4.3, and preferably PHP 5.2 or above, and that GD and FreeType are included. You can create a script with in it to view your configuration.

As you can't install Commentics without PHP 5.2 or higher, it must be that your GD library is not compiled with FreeType.

It doesn't make sense to me that the question would turn off when turning off the captcha. I just tried this on a clean install, I went to Layout -> Form -> Enabled and de-selected the 'Captcha' setting, and it only turned off the captcha. Maybe it's related to the above problem. Aside from disabling the question, the only time that it might not appear is when you are previewing a comment.

I will take a look at FreeType fonts. I am running php 5.3.8 so its not the php version. I just did a new build and know for a fact that gd is there. So I will have to check out the FreeType. I was also able to get the captcha to turn off and leave question.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
29-Jul-2020, 08:34 AM
Last Post by Steven
25-May-2019, 05:50 PM
Last Post by gjc
03-Apr-2017, 01:27 PM
Last Post by Steven
04-Feb-2014, 09:25 PM
Last Post by djsomali
27-Mar-2013, 09:35 PM