This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

There is an issue with commentics.org (Upgrade)

I am on version 3.4 which I believe is the latest version. As soon as I installed I started receiving an error in the error log "Undefined variable: upgrade_url in path" and on the dashboard I have a warning stating there is an issue with commentics.org(upgrade)

Hi there. I've attached an extension to debug this. In your admin area can you go to 'Extensions -> Installer' and install it, then visit your admin area dashboard. It should create either one or two log files in your logs folder (/system/logs). One will be called version_debug.log and the other (if it exists) will be called version_curl_verbose.log. Can you either attach them here or PM me them. Afterwards make sure to delete the file /system/modification/xml/version_debug.xml, otherwise the log files will get big.

Attached Files
.zip version_debug.zip Size: 1.45 KB  Downloads: 18

Have you completed the interview?

Hi Steve,

I have replied to your email with the log file, Thank you.

Thanks for providing the log file. The issue is that your server is doing some type of security check at the start of the cURL request. I've attached a screenshot of what's happening. The security check is being done by 'bitninja.io'. Can you talk to your host and mention that cURL requests are affected by it? It's possible they can add an exception for the commentics.org domain.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you Steven I will check with my hosting provider. Thank you again for the quick help.

Hi Steven

I tried your "version_debug.zip" and i still get this error: There is an issue with Commentics.org (upgrade)

Have you got an idea to remove this error ?

Thank you

Hi Mike the attachment was just to debug the problem. Did it create either of the two log files?

Did it create either of the two log files?

Yes. But still the same error: There is an issue with Commentics.org (upgrade)

Just to be clear, the attachment was just to debug the problem. It's not meant to fix it. So it's completely expected and normal for the error to still be there.

Can you attach the log file(s) please?

Of course. I send you on PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WhatSay
15-Aug-2020, 02:11 PM
Last Post by RJCS
06-May-2019, 09:28 PM
Last Post by Steven
25-Jul-2014, 07:17 PM
Last Post by Steven