This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Commentics integration with Joomla

Hi Steven
Thank you for your reply via the Client Area.
I did try removing the integration code and as I expected the error disappeared. I am using a plugin to insert the PHP code so there could be something in that.
However, it was all working fine in Joomla following the upgrade to J4 and before I ran the Commentics upgrades and fiddled around in the Admin. Although it doesn't make sense with the error message, I think it's something I did there that's causing the problem. Also, the Joomla 3 site, which I've now moved to another folder, and which has been running Commentics quite happily, is now throwing the same error

https://www.excel-elec.co.uk/z-old/customer-reviews

so I believe the cause must be to do with either moving the files to a different folder or something I did during the Commentics upgrade which has somehow affected the original files or database. I tried to link up to a different database to keep everything separate but I'm not sure if this has caused some crossed wires somewhere. I ran the backups one by one in Commentics admin

I'm going to try restoring the Commentics files from a backup I did prior to the upgrade, and also delete both databases and reimport the original one, in the hope this will get me back to where I was when it was all working.

Thanks again for your help
Best regards
Jennie

Hello again Steven

Just an update. Restoring the database had no effect, re-uploading the Commentics folder from the pre-upgraded backup fixed the problem.

https://www.excel-elec.co.uk/customer-reviews

That variable is a mystery. I ran a code search in Dreamweaver for all the installed files including Commentics for $bigger and it didn't find that variable at all.

I'm reluctant to try and upgrade Commentics again as it's working okay as it is!!

Best regards
Jennie

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by RJCS
06-May-2019, 09:28 PM
Last Post by Steven
25-Jul-2014, 07:17 PM
Last Post by rsauchuck
20-Jan-2014, 04:13 AM