This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Admin panel continually logging me out

For the last 24 hours I have been unable to access the admin panel. When I enter (the correct) user name and password in the log in panel it may log in but goes back to the log in panel when I click on anything in the admin screen. Nearly every log in attempt gets me nowhere, the log in panel rests itself.

I Have queried the session time out route with my host provider and they can access the admin and navigate around it with no issues on their end. I have done a dep browser clean on both Firefox (V.89) which is a newer version that that which last successfully accessed the admin panel, and in Chrome (V.91). I am running Commentics V.3

It might be that your IP address is frequently changing. The admin area checks that it stays the same, to help prevent session hijacking. It can be disabled in 'Settings -> Security' or, if unable to access that page, in the database in the 'settings' table. In the settings table it's called 'check_ip_address'.

Have you completed the interview?

(11-Jun-2021, 01:32 PM)Steven Wrote:  It might be that your IP address is frequently changing. The admin area checks that it stays the same, to help prevent session hijacking. It can be disabled in 'Settings -> Security' or, if unable to access that page, in the database in the 'settings' table. In the settings table it's called 'check_ip_address'.

Thankyou for your answer. It turns out that the problem is caused by something that was recently implemented when I upgraded to AVG Ultimate; its browser security and anti-tracking do generate random IPs at timed intervals so I turned the feature off and all now works fine.

I guessed the issue had to be my end – but this one is new to me so I will be more cautious of letting powerful security tools take over my PC.

Many thanks
Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
13-Aug-2020, 12:36 PM
Last Post by Steven
10-Jul-2020, 04:38 PM
Last Post by Tom C.
15-Apr-2013, 05:41 AM
Last Post by Steven
15-Nov-2012, 01:15 PM