This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Location of Admin Login Password

Hello Steven,

I'm currently using Commentics 2.5.

What is the location of admin login password?

Hi Gabe,

The password is stored in the 'admins' database table. However it's hashed for security.

If you're trying to reset it you can change its value in the database to '5ebe2294ecd0e0f08eab7690d2a6ee69'. You can then type in 'secret' as your password to log in.

Have you completed the interview?

If I understand correctly, I need to change my to go into the control panel in order to reset admins password? The problem that I am having, however, is that I can not access the control panel because I am again receiving error: Access denied.

I believe that I have mysql password updated. So I am thinking that my problem might be the admin login password

To access your database you'd normally go through your server's control panel (e.g. cPanel) and then to something like phpMyAdmin. So you don't need to access the Commentics admin area for this.

Steven, I was able to finally get into the control panel, thank you. But now I have another issue: When I enter the Dashboard, none of the tabs on the toolbar work (Manage, Layout, Settings etc.) and it says under Version Check, "There is an issue with Commentics.org".

Do you know what my problem might be?

Can you PM me your admin URL and login details so I can figure it out?

For the version check issue, it will either be because your server has something like 'BitNinja' installed which is preventing your website from accessing commentics.org, or your website's IP address is blocked by commentics.org. It's nearly always the first one. I'd ask your host if 'BitNinja' is installed and if so then to whitelist the commentics.org domain.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
01-May-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post by Steven
13-Aug-2020, 12:36 PM
Last Post by marcparish
28-Jul-2020, 09:38 PM
Last Post by Tom C.
15-Apr-2013, 05:41 AM
Last Post by Steven