This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Notifications about new comments for Admin

Dear Steven,
Seems like I missed something. My subscribers get two messages to the mail: "Subscriber Confirmation" and "Subscriber Notification". They say it works well. But do I have the ability to get "Admin Notifications" about new comments if I disabled the approval? I thought that the function "Email: New Comment Okay" should do this, but seems like it's not working.

Yes, I have completed the interview! 8()

Hi,

You should be receiving the 'New Comment Approve' email when a new comment is submitted which you need to manually approve (e.g. if it contains swear words etc), and a 'New Comment Okay' email for all other comments. If you're not receiving the 'New Comment Okay' email, a few things to look into are:

- Is the 'New Comment Okay' setting enabled in Settings -> Administrator?

- Is your email address valid in Settings -> Administrator? To make sure, you could reset your password on the login page to see whether you receive the password reset email. This would confirm whether it's an issue with your email address.

- Go to Settings -> Email -> Editor -> Admin -> New Comment: Okay and check that the 'From Email' and 'Reply Email' values are okay.

This FAQ has some general tips:
http://www.commentics.org/support/knowle...article=25

You might also try this one:
http://www.commentics.org/support/knowle...article=15

Have you completed the interview?

Yes, yes and yes. Everything is tuned correctly.

I solved the problem by changing my admin e-mail adress from one mail server (mail.ru) to another. Script is working good, but some mail servers need extra kick to work. I would rather change the server than hacking or fighting with it. :]

Thanks again!

Yes, I have completed the interview! 8()

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
20-Aug-2021, 08:48 AM
Last Post by Steven
06-Aug-2021, 06:50 PM
Last Post by Steven
27-Jul-2021, 07:12 PM
Last Post by Steven
13-Aug-2020, 12:36 PM
Last Post by clixcity
29-Jul-2020, 07:56 PM