This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Hide Form on one page only
Brick 

I was wondering if there was a way to hide the Add a Comment form on one of my pages only?

Really what I would like to happen is
I would like to show the comments on my home page but want them to have to click a link to another page to add a comment.

Basically if I disable the form from the admin panel it shuts it off through the site completely and that is not what Im looking for.

Found a work around that will suffice. Instructions below for anyone else that might be looking for something similar. Probably wouldn't work with sites that get a ton of comments needing manual approval but ok for my small local site that may only get one or two a month.

Back End Setup
1. Disable form on page you only want comments on (Page One). Manage>Pages>Edit>From Enabled: NO
2. In comments/CSS/stylesheet.css change the class .this_form_disabled_message color to the same color as your background.
3. Create a second page with the Form Enabled (Page Two).
4. Turn on Comment approval. Settings>Approval>Approve Comments: (check)
5. On "Page One" Create a link to your "Page Two".

Once the user submits a comment it must be approved manually. Because of this we can also change the page it displays on as we approve it.

Go to Manage>Comments>Edit>PageSadChange from Page Two to Page One) > Approved: (Change to Yes)

Now it should show on Page One where you want just the comments but not on page two. It basically separates out the form in a lazy way.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
04-Jul-2020, 06:46 PM
Last Post by MattyP
13-Apr-2020, 08:33 PM
Last Post by Steven
23-Apr-2019, 09:22 PM
Last Post by Steven
20-Mar-2017, 09:09 PM