This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

url problem in dynamic generated page

Hi, first of all the script is really very good, all is working except one thing, after I post a comment
the returned url on my dynamic generated url has a #form on the end and obviously breaks the page until I manually remove the #form on the end of my url and everything shows fine. Same thing returns with #form if I hit reply.

Here is an example of the returned url
192.168.0.122/mobildesignsnew/devicespecs.php?modelID=4547&logoID=LG#form

is there a way to return from the form submition to the unique url WITHOUT the #form on the end of my url

Thanks Terry

Hi,

Open /comments/includes/language/english/form.php

Change this:
PHP Code:
<?php 
define
('CMTX_ANCHOR_FORM', '#form');

To:
PHP Code:
<?php 
define
('CMTX_ANCHOR_FORM', '');

For the reply button you may need to modify the href part of line 256 in /comments/includes/functions/comments.php:
PHP Code:
<?php 
$box
.= "<a class='reply_enabled' href='" . CMTX_ANCHOR_FORM . "' title='" . CMTX_TITLE_REPLY . "' onclick='";

Have you completed the interview?

thanks, tried that and it worked, but that didn't solve the problem. The form is displayed ok but once I submit, when it comes back, the form dosen't show, and of course breaking the page, if I go backout and come back to that page the form shows, and i can pagnate through the comments WITH the #form in the url and no problem, it seems to be just after I submit, almost like a session is cleared, or something.... like i said backing out to main menu then coming backinto the same location with the #form on the url shows fine.....with the most recent post .

Have you tried this FAQ:
http://www.commentics.org/support/knowle...article=15

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks for your reply Steven, I solved it, I forgot to put in localhost for the domain name when installing it on my linux box for testing.....
once I corrected this all seems well!!

Thanks again for your help will report back on how well css'ing and intergration is going GREAT SCRIPT!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
04-Jul-2020, 06:46 PM
Last Post by MattyP
13-Apr-2020, 08:33 PM
Last Post by Steven
20-Mar-2017, 09:09 PM