This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

comment moderation

I started to experiment with the script after installing it successfully. There are many nice features. I created a test page to add comments. I wrote a test comment. It was added immediately. I would prefer to have it held for moderation. If this option (moderation) is not available now, perhaps it should be added to the wish list. By the way I am interested in the script for an RTL language, and will try to customize it as much as I can. Will be happy to share with you what I manage to do.

Welcome to the forums! To answer your question, go to settings->processor->general and check approve all. I think that version 1.1 will be able to support RTL, but I'm not sure.

I'm giving you three guesses...

Thanks for the quick reply. I saw that option but was not sure it was for moderation. Many thanks.

(05-Aug-2010, 05:57 PM)Static Wrote:  Welcome to the forums! To answer your question, go to settings->processor->general and check approve all. I think that version 1.1 will be able to support RTL, but I'm not sure.

Glad I could help. If you ever need help don't hesitate, ask us.

Note to Steven: there should be an approve button for the action column.

Won't people want to read the comment in full before approving it?

Have you completed the interview?

It is always a good idea to check comments before they are made public. Otherwise, some one will abuse the comments form and write all sorts of things. You may say there are filters and other checks, but it is best to moderate comments first.
I tried to add another comment to test the moderation. I keep getting this error message, even after I changed the settings for flooding.
--------------------
Sorry but 1 error was found when processing your comment.
Please correct this error and submit the form again:

Your last comment was submitted very recently. Please wait a while.
-------------------
It is not my intention to swamp you with these posts. I am assuming I am providing feedback you are interested in.

Don't worry, you're not swamping at all.

In what way did you change the flood settings? It sounds like you're still within the minimum time period. Try increasing it a bit more.

Heh, if anyone's swamping then that would be me. If you uncheck "Delay" and "Maximum" in settings->processor->flooding, it should disable all of the flooding checks.

By the way, if you are detected as the administrator then none of your own comments will require approval, nor will there be any flooding checks.

Thanks guys for the quick replies. I now tried to add another comment, and the message was it is being held for approval. So it worked as I would have liked. I also unchecked the delay etc. In due course I would like to use the comments in a monthly e-zine. I would like to make it possible for the readers to comment on the different articles. Unchecking delay and maximum will enable them to do so. So far so good. This will be my last post for today. Thanks very much.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Mark
25-Mar-2023, 11:45 PM
Last Post by Steven
06-Nov-2020, 07:26 PM
Last Post by WhatSay
20-Aug-2020, 12:20 PM
Last Post by Steven
31-Dec-2014, 06:19 PM