This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Make Comments Not Required
Shocked 

Hi guys,

I'm new to using Commentics, but so far I like it! Anyway, I am currently using it not as solely a comment tool, but as a way to 'sign' a document on the web. I would like to make adding a comment optional-- how do I do that? The admin doesn't appear to have that option.

Also, how could I add a 'Year of birth' section on the form that present a dropdown menu of dates like the 'Country' tab?

I appreciate any advice, thanks.

Henri

Hi,

I haven't tested it but try opening comments/includes/app/processor.php and delete this (line 269):

PHP Code:
<?php 
cmtx_error
(CMTX_ERROR_MESSAGE_NO_COMMENT); //reject user for entering no comment

Then, if you want to remove the asterisk for the comment field, open comments/includes/template/form.php and delete this (line 652):

PHP Code:
<?php if ($settings->display_required_symbol) { ?><span class="required_symbol"><?php echo " " . CMTX_REQUIRED_SYMBOL ?></span><?php } ?>

Regarding adding an extra field, it's not possible at the moment but hopefully the next version will provide this feature. A few people have resorted to using the town field so this may be an option for you if you're not using it, but obviously it would be a text field and not a dropdown menu.

Have you completed the interview?

Steven,

I tried it and it worked! I am also using the "Town" field as a substitute for the year of birth drown down. Now that I am nearly finished with my comments form, how could I make the "Thank you for your comment" message, after the form was successfully filled out, appear on a new page and not at the bottom of the same one? This is the last piece of information I need...

(14-Apr-2012, 09:09 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

I haven't tested it but try opening comments/includes/app/processor.php and delete this (line 269):

PHP Code:
<?php 
cmtx_error
(CMTX_ERROR_MESSAGE_NO_COMMENT); //reject user for entering no comment

Then, if you want to remove the asterisk for the comment field, open comments/includes/template/form.php and delete this (line 652):

PHP Code:
<?php if ($settings->display_required_symbol) { ?><span class="required_symbol"><?php echo " " . CMTX_REQUIRED_SYMBOL ?></span><?php } ?>

Regarding adding an extra field, it's not possible at the moment but hopefully the next version will provide this feature. A few people have resorted to using the town field so this may be an option for you if you're not using it, but obviously it would be a text field and not a dropdown menu.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Tim
06-Jan-2021, 08:56 PM
Last Post by Tim
18-Oct-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post by Gevill
23-Jul-2019, 01:17 AM
Last Post by Steven
16-Feb-2018, 09:15 AM