This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Comments & Form on separate pages

Hi, I just discovered Commentics today and I'm very excited to use it on my site.

I'm trying to create a feedback form for customers who have purchased some items on my site. I want to put the comments & the form on separate pages, comments only on the product page so other customers can view comments but can't post. I will send the link of the page with the form only to customers who have purchased the product.

Just wondering if this is possible and how I can do this?
My form is on the page: http://shop.pretty-lil-things.com/feedback.php

By the way, I also can't get the form to align properly, would appreciate if I could get some help from someone. Thanks!

Hi,

What alignment issue are you having with the form? It looks okay to me.

However I would add some padding to your <td> element, like this:

Code:
<td style="padding:10px;">

Regarding your main question, Commentics isn't currently designed to have the form and the comments on separate pages. I'll try to look into this possibility in the future. In the meantime you would have to keep it as it is.

Have you completed the interview?

not a true solution, but you could just override the CSS styling on the product page to hide the add comments form.

include this code after the line that says <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/comments/css/stylesheet.css"/>
Code:
<style type="text/css">
#commentics.cmtx_form_styling {display: none;}
</style>

and on the page to leave a post, you can hide the comments with this
Code:
<style type="text/css">
.hreview-aggregate{display:none;}
</style>

However, this will not securely prevent people from leaving new comments on products they did not purchase because if someone really wanted to, they can manually override your hidden form on the product page and use it. I highly doubt anyone would know how or want to do this... but they could.

enjoy!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Tim
06-Jan-2021, 08:56 PM
Last Post by Tim
18-Oct-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post by Gevill
23-Jul-2019, 01:17 AM
Last Post by Steven
16-Feb-2018, 09:15 AM
Last Post by Wendon