This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

2.4 upgrade created problems

After upgrading, there are a long list of settings that do not include the setting options. I have complained to Support about this, and they recommended reinstalling the upgrade. However, this did not solve the problem. I have upgraded successfully in the past, so I don't think I am doing anything wrong.

In the various sections, there are no details listed; e.g.

"Order

Drag & drop the elements below to determine the sort order of the main parts."

However, no such elements are listed here. Same occurs with many, but not all, other settings.

Has anyone ever encountered this issue? Any further suggestions? Thanks!

More on this problem... Because of the problems noted above, I cannot get into error logging, nor can I get out of Maintenance Mode! What do I do now?

Hi,

In the support ticket I didn't recommend "re-installing the upgrade". That doesn't make sense.

I recommended to upload/re-upload the admin folder as it was clear from the error message that you posted that at least one of your admin files was from an old, previous version. So I suspect that your other admin files are also from an old, previous version and that's why there is this problem. To fix this you need to upload the whole admin folder from v2.4 so it overwrites your existing admin folder and all of the files within it. It might be that some of the files got uploaded while others didn't, perhaps because of an issue with your FTP programme. Check using your FTP programme that the dates of the files are when you did the upload. Also, if things are not displaying then it's likely that there are some PHP errors so check your server's error log for error messages. It might also be worth checking your database using phpMyAdmin. There should be 340 rows in the 'settings' table.

Have you completed the interview?

Sorry if I misunderstood you. Meanwhile, I had my web host restore the site from a previous backup, and now have v2.3 and no further problems. I think I will things as they are for now.

Thanks!

Gene

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
03-Feb-2020, 09:20 PM
Last Post by ddraber
15-Apr-2019, 02:34 PM
Last Post by chris
14-Feb-2019, 10:15 PM