This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Removing code on HTML pages for upgrade 2.5

For every file for the new upgrade 2.5 I removed the following lines

remove the line: ob_start();
- remove the line: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="comments/css/stylesheet.css"/>
- remove the line: define('IN_COMMENTICS', 'true'); //no need to edit this line

of code on the HTML files on one of the folders on my website, but because of so many folders and files on the site, I left the other files as is. There doesn't seem to be any difference at all on the pages that have those lines compared to the pages that don't. My question is, can I leave it this way? Will I have trouble in the future if I do not remove those lines from all the other files on my website?

Hi,

It's okay to keep these lines:

Code:
ob_start();
define('IN_COMMENTICS', 'true'); //no need to edit this line

With the stylesheet line, by keeping it in, what's happening is that you're now including the stylesheet for v2.4 (or whatever version you were on) and then the stylesheet for v2.5 afterwards. A lot (possibly all) of the styling in the v2.4 stylesheet will get overwritten by the v2.5 stylesheet that loads after it. So, if everything looks fine then I guess you can leave it as it is.

Have you completed the interview?

It might be worthwhile setting up your website so that a PHP file is included into the <head> of every page and then you can make changes to every page by making just one edit. That's what I do with this website. I know that's not always possible but if you can then I think it would be a good idea.

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
03-Feb-2020, 09:20 PM
Last Post by ddraber
15-Apr-2019, 02:34 PM
Last Post by chris
14-Feb-2019, 10:15 PM