This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Changes to User emails not taking effect

Hi Steven,

I have been trying to modify the wording of the emails sent out to users eg. subscription confirmation email. I can make the changes to the email templates in the backend but when I click on 'update' the changes are lost and it reverts to the default email template. Only the changes to the email title are being saved correctly.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Hi,

The emails are stored as text files so it will be due to your email folder not having write permission. The email subject is stored in the database so that's why that works. You can check your folder permissions in the admin panel in 'Reports -> Permissions'. Check this one in particular:

/comments/includes/emails/english/user/custom/

If your server won't let you set the correct permissions then you'll have to edit the files using FTP.

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks Steven,

The write permissions seem to be set up correctly, so I have edited the files as you suggested via FTP.

I have now got a problem with the [page reference] variable in that when a system email is sent out with this variable in it the link that should be displayed (that links to the users comment) is not appearing in the email, instead I just get the value specified in the integration code for the comment form
Quote:$cmtx_reference
displaying, and even then not as a link.

All the other email variables are working correctly.

The [page reference] keyword isn't meant to display a link. That's what the [page url] and [comment url] keywords are for. The [page reference] keyword is meant to display a very brief description of what the page is about. It's taken from the value that's in 'Manage -> Pages'.

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Toeb
17-Oct-2021, 07:55 PM
Last Post by clixcity
30-Jul-2020, 08:29 AM
Last Post by Steven
01-Jan-2016, 12:26 AM
Last Post by Steven
15-Nov-2012, 01:15 PM
Last Post by Steven