This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

average rating with no comments

Hi,

First of all I want to say the script is really great, I am so happy and thankful for this!

I have moved the average rating to the top of the pages, to let the users rate the item by clicking on the stars, with no need to enter a comment. When there is already a rating for the item it is working perfectly. However, I am going crazy trying to make it available (show the empty clickable stars) when there are no comments posted on the page already (I only get the cmtx_average_rating_text, but not cmtx_average_rating_stars).

I'm a programming beginner and your code is really helping me, but I am stuck with this. I hope you can help me. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks!

Hi, can anyone help me with this? I guess I should set that if there is no rating or comment for the page (no record for the page on the database), show the empty stars... but I don't know where and how to do that... Any help is greatly appreciated!

Me again... Smile I could solve the issue! On the admin panel, Manage > Pages, on the Options (at the top right on the screen) I disabled "Don't create the page until the user posts." and the magic happened!

For anyone trying to do the same thing, I moved the stars rating code from the includes>template>comments.php file to main.php file (same folder). Then disabling the thing at the pages option in the admin panel, the stars rating functionality (click on stars to rate) is available with no need to place comments.

By the way, I love this script, it is really awesome!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Tim
06-Jan-2021, 08:56 PM
Last Post by Tim
18-Oct-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post by Gevill
23-Jul-2019, 01:17 AM
Last Post by Seven Thunders
21-Aug-2018, 04:05 AM
Last Post by Steven
16-Feb-2018, 09:15 AM