This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Commentics 2.5 and TNG10

We have been using Commentics 2.3 successfully with TNG but 2.5 raised several new problems a couple of us TNG users have been trying to resolve. All but one problem have been fixed but we seem to be stuck with this one so any advice would be gratefully received.

In TNG, when a user logs in from any individual's page, a popup window appears in the centre of the screen where the user can enter his or her account details. With commentics 2.5 installed, the window now appears off the bottom of the display and it is necessary to scroll way down to see it.

It appears that the window is being influenced by some underlying classes from commentics and I cannot see why or how. The problem can easily be demonstrated. Here is an example page - just click on "Login or register" in the menu bar.

http://mfo.me.uk/getperson.php?personID=I25583&tree=E1

The DOM inspector reveals that the popup window (LB_window) is having additional classes from commentics affect it's position on the screen, specifically ui-resizable position:relative. TNG doesn't use jquery-ui.css but there seems to be some sort of interaction that shouldn't be happening.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated. We want to be able to offer Commentics 2.5 as an addon for TNG users.

regards
Roger

Hi Roger,

Sorry for the late reply. I did look into it when you posted but was unable to figure out the exact cause.

I noticed that the issue appears to be resolved now. What did you change?

Have you completed the interview?

(05-Jul-2014, 12:05 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi Roger,

Sorry for the late reply. I did look into it when you posted but was unable to figure out the exact cause.

I noticed that the issue appears to be resolved now. What did you change?

I never identified why TNG10 styles were being "interfered with" by Commentics but a workaround was found by adding the following to TNG's sylesheet.

/* fixes TNG popups position with Commentics mod installed */
#LB_window.ui-draggable.ui-resizable {position: absolute;}

It works, but not sure why.

Cheers
Roger

Its been awhile since last post on TNG v10 and commentics, wondering if people are getting success with this?

I have TNGv.10.1.2 & Commentics v2.5 installed. but not working. Commentics says everything is OK (I can access the admin area), but the comments section just doesnt appear on any of my pages. I've tried a few versions of the TNG/commentics integration mod, but no go.

The mod I currently use gives this:
line 16: %target:comments.php% file missing (optional) will ignore
line 34: %target:getperson.php%
line 38: %location:% not installed
line 49: %location:% not installed
line 59: %location:% not installed
line 69: %location:% not installed
line 88: %target:comments/includes/db/connect.php% target file missing
line 101: %target:css/genstyle.css%
line 105: %location:% not installed
line 116: %copyfile:tng_commentics_integration_v10.1.0.0/comments.php source missing

One of my pages

Could someone give advice as to whether or not current versions of TNG & commentics is possible? Or what is the advise otherwise.
Thanks, Bobby.

(10-Oct-2015, 05:52 AM)bobby Wrote:  Its been awhile since last post on TNG v10 and commentics, wondering if people are getting success with this?

I have TNGv.10.1.2 & Commentics v2.5 installed. but not working. Commentics says everything is OK (I can access the admin area), but the comments section just doesnt appear on any of my pages. I've tried a few versions of the TNG/commentics integration mod, but no go.

The mod I currently use gives this:
line 16: %target:comments.php% file missing (optional) will ignore
line 34: %target:getperson.php%
line 38: %location:% not installed
line 49: %location:% not installed
line 59: %location:% not installed
line 69: %location:% not installed
line 88: %target:comments/includes/db/connect.php% target file missing
line 101: %target:css/genstyle.css%
line 105: %location:% not installed
line 116: %copyfile:tng_commentics_integration_v10.1.0.0/comments.php source missing

One of my pages

Could someone give advice as to whether or not current versions of TNG & commentics is possible? Or what is the advise otherwise.
Thanks, Bobby.

Bobby,

I've been using Commentics 2.5 with TNG for a long time and it works fine. It wasn't a pain-free installation as a number of changes had to be made to TNG and to Commentics to make them work together. You haven't stated what mod file you are using and so the details you have provided aren't much use to anyone. If you follow the TNG Forum threads, you will see that a new mod file had to be written so that Commentics 2.5 would integrate and work with TNG. If you go to the TNG Community pages, this thread should give you what you need. You MUST follow the instructions for installation carefully.

Regards
Roger

Thankyou for your reply Roger.

The mod i'm using is  'Commentics_integration_for_TNG10.1.zip', which is on that link you posted.

So after following instructions from that thread I have a folder in my 'mods' folder called  'tng_commentics_integration_v10.1.0.0', and inside that is the 'comments.php' file that was in the zipped mod.

There is also a file called 'commentics_integration_v10.1.0.0.cfg' in the mods folder.

Thats it.

Mod Manager says 'cannot install' showing the same errors as I posted above.

Langauge is UTF8

In commentics admin -> Reports -> Permissions, it says down the bottom 'All permissions are correct.' However, in the Database Details at the top, it points out that details.php is not writable. Is that how it should be?

Bobby.

Are you sure that Commentics is installed in a root folder called 'comments'. If you are still having problems, email me directly on rdm-at-mfo.me.uk. This really isn't an issue for the Commentics guys on this forum. If you'd like me to take a look, I will need FTP access to your site. Don't post that here!!

Roger

(10-Oct-2015, 02:40 PM)HiTowerUK Wrote:  Are you sure that Commentics is installed in a root folder called 'comments'. If you are still having problems, email me directly on rdm-at-mfo.me.uk. This really isn't an issue for the Commentics guys on this forum. If you'd like me to take a look, I will need FTP access to your site. Don't post that here!!

Roger

Cheers for the offer. I wanted to try and do it myself, so have played around some more and finally! worked it out.

One thing that confused me is the root folder. I had mine on a higher level and accepted that because I could access commentics admin, then it was in the right place. So this morning I moved it down a level into proper root area and it worked.

Appreciated your assistance, sometimes a little push, a little guidance helps. Now just to go through the settings again (I deleted my previous installation of commentics)

Thanks, really happy to get this installed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by kbadmin
28-May-2019, 07:16 PM
Last Post by finzer
30-Apr-2015, 09:12 AM