This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

New comment alerts to multiple addresses

Is it possible to configure the New Comment/Approve setting to send alerts to two or more addresses?

Thanks,
Mulligan

Hello Mulligan, and welcome to the forum.

Since the script sends the emails to the admin's email address, I doubt that you can set it to send multiple messages, unless you modify the script. You might have some luck by creating a new "admin" and giving it a different email, but I haven't played around with that because I have an older version of the script. The best way, however, would be to set an automatic forwarding filter in the email client. I think that this is most easily done in Gmail with filters, but I don't know. Have fun with the script Smile

I'm giving you three guesses...

Thanks for the response. The organization I'm setting this up for is an all-volunteer non-profit, with multiple, rotating editors. So the desire is to have the 'new comment' alerts go to an ever-changing list of editors.

Your recommendation to use Gmail forwarding -- or some other client-based solution -- may be a good way forward, although the group presently prefers a comment app configuration, if one exists.

Looking into modifying code -- should be a relatively easy addition.

Thanks,
Mulligan

Here's a temporary solution:
Go to "comments/includes/functions/processor.php"
and search for each function in the lines of
Code:
function notify_admin//with the rest of the name here.
Find this line inside of the function:
PHP Code:
<?php 
@mail($email, $admin_new_ban_subject, $message, $headers);
And add this after it:
PHP Code:
<?php 
@mail("example@mail.com", $admin_new_ban_subject, $message, $headers);
@
mail("email2@example.com", $admin_new_ban_subject, $message, $headers);
@
mail("your_address@server.com", $admin_new_ban_subject, $message, $headers);
//etc
Make sure you change the examples with the real addresses.
This is pretty messy, but it'll have to do for now. I might make something to make it better, but I don't have the time right now. I'll PM you if I make the improvement to the front-end.

P.S. Just to clear a common misconception, I'm not the creator of the script. I just help out.

I'm giving you three guesses...

Ah, very nice. For our purposes (low traffic, server load), that's good enough to be a 'permanent' solution. Thanks, Static!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Mark
25-Mar-2023, 11:45 PM
Last Post by Steven
06-Nov-2020, 07:26 PM
Last Post by WhatSay
20-Aug-2020, 12:20 PM