This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Is there a way to re-order the form fields?

Hi, ya'll, I was wondering if it's possible to re-order the form fields?  Instead of having these fields in this order:-

Comments
Rating
Name
Email

I would like to re-order them so that they look like this:-

Name
Email
Rating
Comments

Is this possible?  If anyone suggested I mess around with the CSS file, then forget it, lol, I'm a CSS virgin.

Also, is there a way to create my own field for the form?

If this is not possible, then perhaps a future request would be to have a 'form edit' section in the admin panel which when some of the fields have been enabled, the full layout of the form can be edited by using drag and drop to arrange the fields as needed.

Hi usalabs, currently it's not possible to re-order the form fields from within the admin area, you'd have to edit the template file which I understand can be overwhelming for some. There are two themes available that use a similar order (see attached screenshots).

Adding extra fields to the form is on the roadmap. It has the highest number of votes at the moment so there's a good chance it will be in a future version. Can I ask what you need the field for so I can make sure it would work for your website?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Have you completed the interview?

What field?  What I was hoping for is a 'drag and drop' re-ordering system reordering the form fields when a form is being created, so that the fields would have some sort of order, such as enter a name first, then an email, then maybe a rating, then the comments last.

(14-Aug-2021, 07:58 PM)usalabs Wrote:  What field?

You asked if there was a way to create your own field for the form. I answered that adding extra fields is on the roadmap and I asked what you would need the field for so I can make sure it works like you expect. For example what type of field is it (text, select, checkbox etc), what validation if any, where do you want to see what the user entered (manage comments page, edit comment page etc).

(14-Aug-2021, 07:58 PM)usalabs Wrote:  What I was hoping for is a 'drag and drop' re-ordering system reordering the form fields when a form is being created, so that the fields would have some sort of order, such as enter a name first, then an email, then maybe a rating, then the comments last.

I understand. Like I mentioned, it's not possible to re-order the form fields from within the admin area, you'd have to edit the form template file. Alternatively there are two themes available that use a similar order to what you've described (see earlier screenshots).

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by clixcity
29-Jul-2020, 07:56 PM
Last Post by Steven
05-Jan-2019, 07:43 PM
Last Post by marcogolfo
18-Mar-2013, 02:10 PM
Last Post by cruiseman
05-Sep-2012, 09:32 PM
Last Post by Steven