This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Getting Upgrade site option repeatedly

Hi,

I updated my 4.5 commentics site to 4.5.1 It is upgrading successfully however when I visit the admin panel post update. It shows the following message. On upgrading the site manually, I get the message to upgrade the site again.

our files are at v4.5.1, but your database is at v4.5.
This likely means that you should run the installer.

Is this a bug ? I just added a "Administrator Notes" in my 4.5 installation and tried to upgrade to 4.5.1

Hello, this usually happens when you upgrade the files but you don't run the installer to upgrade the database.

What happens when you click the 'installer' link from your screenshot and go through all the installer steps to upgrade?

Have you completed the interview?

I ran the commentics upgrade utility only. When I click on the "upgrade" button shown in screenshot, it completes the upgrade process and gives the same error message again when I visit the dashboard.

When you say you clicked the upgrade button, I'm assuming you mean the upgrade link next to "A newer version is available". Instead, you need to click the "installer" link.

Also, in your screenshot of the version history, it shows the installation of v4.5 as the most recent action. Commentics looks at the most recent action and regards this as the version that your database is at. There aren't any database changes between v4.5 and v4.5.1 so your database is fine. I think you can safely click the 'Don't show again' button or go into your database and modify the dates in the version database table so that your upgrade has the most recent date.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
03-Feb-2020, 09:20 PM
Last Post by ddraber
15-Apr-2019, 02:34 PM
Last Post by chris
14-Feb-2019, 10:15 PM