This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

database connection error
Big Grin 

Hi - am brandnew here :-) hope to get help ...

problem: after having created a new database I tried to run the installer-script (commentics), but 
there is always a database connection error: "No such file or directory (2002) - althought the name  and username etc. is correctly entered ... ??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi try putting 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost

Have you completed the interview?

(01-Jul-2018, 12:05 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi try putting 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost

Thank you for helping, Steven!
Access now succeeded - but some failures ... where getting/activating this "Mcrypt extension" - and the "session for the admin panel" ????  think am swamped :-( 

(Il will do the interview later, sure)

(01-Jul-2018, 12:30 PM)HGsunday Wrote:  
(01-Jul-2018, 12:05 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi try putting 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost

Access now succeeded - but some failures ... where getting/activating this "Mcrypt extension" - and the "session for the admin panel" ????  think am swamped :-( 

ok, the session is now available (forgot to paste the code) ... but this strange Mscypt-extension is still missing ...

You can ignore that for now by clicking the Continue button.

If you want to use the question captcha, you'll just need to replace the contents of the file /system/library/encryption.php with the code below:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/commen...yption.php

OMG - it getting complicated ...
How can I DELETe the installation in the commentics admin panel resp. re-install the programm?  I guess I entered a wrong path (website address should direct to the "comments" folder, isn'r it? I just put in the basic address www.me.e)

(01-Jul-2018, 01:35 PM)HGsunday Wrote:  

OMG - it getting complicated ...
How can I DELETe the installation in the commentics admin panel resp. re-install the programm?  I guess I entered a wrong path (website address should direct to the "comments" folder, isn'r it? I just put in the basic address www.me.e)

LAST ATTEMPT for help ....
I de-installed an re-installed the program - database connection runs - all seems to be ok - BUT if I call up the website there is "chaso" and this: 

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ....

You've only provided part of the error message but I assume it's from the integration code.

If so, you need to make sure the path is correctly pointing to the /frontend/index.php file.

On the line directly before the require() line, add this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
var_dump
($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . $cmtx_folder . 'frontend/index.php');

That will show you the path that it's trying to use to locate the /frontend/index.php file. Hopefully you'll then know where it's going wrong.

Information 

(01-Jul-2018, 07:53 PM)Steven Wrote:  You've only provided part of the error message but I assume it's from the integration code.

If so, you need to make sure the path is correctly pointing to the /frontend/index.php file.

On the line directly before the require() line, add this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
var_dump
($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . $cmtx_folder . 'frontend/index.php');

That will show you the path that it's trying to use to locate the /frontend/index.php file. Hopefully you'll then know where it's going wrong.
thank you very very much Steven for your patience ... 
I added your line:

<?php
$cmtx_identifier = '1';
$cmtx_reference  = 'Page One';
$cmtx_folder     = '/upload/';
var_dump($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . $cmtx_folder . 'frontend/index.php'); 
require($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . $cmtx_folder . 'frontend/index.php');
?>

But this alert appears:

string(26) "/upload/frontend/index.php" Warning: require(/upload/frontend/index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Volumes/backup/WEBSITES/016 Heiner Grenzland website ALLE+Panseron/www.heinergrenzland.de/hg-blog/TacoHTMLEditTemp_000026.php on line 305 Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/upload/frontend/index.php' (include_path='.:') in /Volumes/backup/WEBSITES/016 Heiner Grenzland website ALLE+Panseron/www.heinergrenzland.de/hg-blog/TacoHTMLEditTemp_000026.php on line 305

here the comments-folder (and his sub-foldes) on the webspace 
(attachment 2)

I am clueless ....

Okay so firstly, as you've renamed the /upload/ folder to /comments/, you'll need to change this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
$cmtx_folder
= '/upload/';

To this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
$cmtx_folder
= '/comments/';

Also you're meant to install Commentics in the root of your website but it looks like you've installed it in your /hg-blog/ folder. It might be okay though so just ignore that for now.

For some reason $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] appears to be empty on your server. Try changing the require() line to this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
require('/Volumes/backup/WEBSITES/016 Heiner Grenzland website ALLE+Panseron/www.heinergrenzland.de/hg-blog' . $cmtx_folder . 'frontend/index.php');

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by FaradaysPC
02-Aug-2022, 08:49 PM
Last Post by Steven
12-Nov-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post by Steven
14-Apr-2017, 11:56 AM
Last Post by hentes
06-Nov-2016, 01:36 PM